Cant Decide Which one to buy!

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Fk7 sport hatch,2016 VW GTI,2016 Ford focus st
Country flag
I'm starting the process of buying a new car yay me! So here's my issue iv decided on the civic but the thing is it can't be a manual, see my wife can't drive a manual and due to certain physical conditions i can no longer drive a stick either. so my question for everyone is, what model should i go with? I do plan on adding a tune and maybe lower it and add some suspension and brake upgrades, I'm not looking for a track monster im just looking for a quick good looking daily with as much tech as my money can buy. my budget is about 28,500$ or about 400 a month so if you had that budget and stipulations what model would you choose?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The CVT has it’s limitations but you can still have fun with it. I’d recommend the Sport hatchback and then modding it as desired. An ECU tuner is always the best bang for your buck mod for any of the 1.5T Civics. The Eibach Sportline Kit with 20mm bolt spacers will give it an awesome look. Don’t forget a camber kit to get the rear straight.

OP
OP
Scuba_Steves_Hatch
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The CVT has it’s limitations but you can still have fun with it. I’d recommend the Sport hatchback and then modding it as desired. An ECU tuner is always the best bang for your buck mod for any the 1.5T Civics. The Eibach Sportline Kit with 20mm bolt spacers will give it an awesome look. Don’t forget a camber kit to get the rear straight.
Thanks for the quick reply i was looking at the sport hatch touring i think its called with the leather interior and do you know if i can fit 18s or 19s on the lowered hatch bc im planing on doing a big break kit for maybe track fun on the weekends

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply i was looking at the sport hatch touring i think its called with the leather interior and do you know if i can fit 18s or 19s on the lowered hatch bc im planing on doing a big break kit for maybe track fun on the weekends
The Sport Touring is great for all the creature comforts.

Can absolutely take 18s while lowered.

OP
OP
Scuba_Steves_Hatch
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i own a german hot hatch its not what im looking for lol beautiful car though

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Hatch sport in a CVT and I've only had it for 250 miles, but it is a blast to drive. And to answer your questions the Sport hatchback comes with 18's so it will be able to run just like factory and there has been multiple people run 19's here on the forums if you navigate to the aftermarket wheels thread. The CVT does have limitations and it can only hold 250 lbs of torque before melting, however Hondata and KTuner have made base tunes that are safe to the CVT and will get you up to 210 (I'm guesstimating) horsepower. The Touring comes with all the technology and the sport look so its a win win. Good luck with the buying process!

OP
OP
Scuba_Steves_Hatch
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the Hatch sport in a CVT and I've only had it for 250 miles, but it is a blast to drive. And to answer your questions the Sport hatchback comes with 18's so it will be able to run just like factory and there has been multiple people run 19's here on the forums if you navigate to the aftermarket wheels thread. The CVT does have limitations and it can only hold 250 lbs of torque before melting, however Hondata and KTuner have made base tunes that are safe to the CVT and will get you up to 210 (I'm guesstimating) horsepower. The Touring comes with all the technology and the sport look so its a win win. Good luck with the buying process!
Awesome thanks for the reply and if i can get around 210-220lbs of torque out of it i will be extremely happy horsepower doesn't do much for me torque is where its at and id like to keep the wheels at 18s bc there's more buying options and they weigh less so less unsprung weight

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome thanks for the reply and if i can get around 210-220lbs of torque out of it i will be extremely happy horsepower doesn't do much for me torque is where its at and id like to keep the wheels at 18s bc there's more buying options and they weigh less so less unsprung weight
Just remember that the Sport comes with 18's and other models are 17's.
Sponsored