LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have the defouler, but I'm not using it because I have hondata to cancel my check engine light. My car rarely crackled with the stock downpipe, after switching to an aftermarket downpipe it started crackling.

The install was not too bad, had couple people help me out. I want the PRL cobra intake it's the best out rightnow. With my 27WON intake it's usually all over the place with IAT around 20-30 ambidient temperature to outside. PRL cobra keeps it really low around 10-15 sometimes even lower.
My car crackles when I shift at 1,500RPM, and also I’m second gear when I downshift low or simply crushing in second gear and letting off gas in the high 1,800RPM, I get crackle all the way down to 1200RPM which is nice. Last like 5+ seconds in stock cat
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Think I am going with 27won Drop in turbo upgrade and their dp/fp combo. Keep my PRL cobra and get PRL FMIC.
Probably the FMIC first to get it over with so my car stays nice and cool with the new gains from Turbo/FP/DP.

Blah and a new clutch before the turbo / FP/DP. :doh:

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think I am going with 27won Drop in turbo upgrade and their dp/fp combo. Keep my PRL cobra and get PRL FMIC.
Probably the FMIC first to get it over with so my car stays nice and cool with the new gains from Turbo/FP/DP.

Okay I know this is crazy, but I'm going to tell you to not go 27WON dp/fp combo.. Here's the issue that I just figured out with one of the instagram guy with the 27won catless downpipe. The fitment of this downpipe creates a little bit of gap on the heatshield causing excess heat shooting temperature up. First picture is my catted downpipe and the second picture is one of the instagram guy's catless downpipe. As you can see, there's a slight gap that doesn't cover the entire downpipe and from that gap it's shooting ridiculously hot air to the plastic part of the intake. This is the companies design not having the correct fitment when other brands do cover it. The 3rd and 4th picture is an example from one of my friends RV6 catless downpipe. It actually covers the entire downpipe part not causing heat to come out. 27won stated their heatshield does have fitment with OEM parts, but definitely it's not true.
Honda Civic 10th gen catted vs catless downpipes IMG_1166
Honda Civic 10th gen catted vs catless downpipes IMG_1168

Honda Civic 10th gen catted vs catless downpipes IMG_1171
Honda Civic 10th gen catted vs catless downpipes IMG_1170

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Okay I know this is crazy, but I'm going to tell you to not go 27WON dp/fp combo.. Here's the issue that I just figured out with one of the instagram guy with the 27won catless downpipe. The fitment of this downpipe creates a little bit of gap on the heatshield causing excess heat shooting temperature up. First picture is my catted downpipe and the second picture is one of the instagram guy's catless downpipe. As you can see, there's a slight gap that doesn't cover the entire downpipe and from that gap it's shooting ridiculously hot air to the plastic part of the intake. This is the companies design not having the correct fitment when other brands do cover it. The 3rd and 4th picture is an example from one of my friends RV6 catless downpipe. It actually covers the entire downpipe part not causing heat to come out. 27won stated their heatshield does have fitment with OEM parts, but definitely it's not true.
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg
IMG_1170.jpg

o_O
I will be interested in what @Vincent@27WON has to say about this.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

I need a clutch too. Do you know what you plan to go with ?

Lxvpq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My car crackles when I shift at 1,500RPM, and also I’m second gear when I downshift low or simply crushing in second gear and letting off gas in the high 1,800RPM, I get crackle all the way down to 1200RPM which is nice. Last like 5+ seconds in stock cat
What kind of mods do you have right now?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg
IMG_1170.jpg
I would just wrap the DP with DEI titanium heat wrap and seal it with DEI silicone heat spray.
It keeps the heat within the dp much better than that medal heat shield..
Or you can wrap and heat shield for best performance.
RV6 has ceramic coating option, its same idea except its ceramic coated to begin with compare to heat wrap after ward.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Exhaust, Ktuner, flex fuel. Next weekend, I’ll be installing intake, intercooler, and downpipe.
Same as me. Experienced clutch slip for the first time the other day in 4th gear at 3500rpm. I won’t be adding more power without a clutch

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have no idea...... All I have been hearing about so far is FX350 or 400. I dont really know that much about it. Havent done much research on what the best option is. First time being in the market for it.
I’m going to wait for more options.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have no idea...... All I have been hearing about so far is FX350 or 400. I dont really know that much about it. Havent done much research on what the best option is. First time being in the market for it.
Many seem to be waiting for Exedy, or something from Action Clutch. Eman is also fabbing up Type R Clutch conversion kits to work in our cars, and plans on selling those, which I'm very interested in.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
o_O
I will be interested in what @Vincent@27WON has to say about this.
Guessing they will have to redesign the part, and/or give existing customers free exhaust wrap

On a related note.... I'd like to thank all the early adopters for testing all the new mods being released for the 10th gen platform. They're the real MVP's. "Taking a chance, risking it all, for the thrill of the moment."

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Same as me. Experienced clutch slip for the first time the other day in 4th gear at 3500rpm. I won’t be adding more power without a clutch
I break in my clutch, or car in general, pretty well so I’m hoping that has help it reached this point. Only time will tell when I installed those parts. I’m expecting no more than 220HP at the wheel so I don’t think clutch would slip. Ktuner +6, wish there was +9. My main mod is just downpipe and intake as well a flex fuel with Ktuner, shouldn’t be more than 60WHP imo

Radsolutionz

First Name
Rahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 4dr
Country flag
Catless with cat back will be loud.. cop will hear you from two blocks away...

I have PRL dp fp combo.. it added a nice rumble sound and that's all I need. I dont need it loud but rather want to have actual hp gain.
Catback doesnt yield much gain.. mainly just for the noise.
How much louder is cattless dp and front pipe with stock? Do u have any video?
Sponsored