Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Have they say how much it will cost yet? Is it a replacement for the same part inside stock turbo? Also anybody can chime in how much is the labor would be to install this?

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have they say how much it will cost yet? Is it a replacement for the same part inside stock turbo? Also anybody can chime in how much is the labor would be to install this?
They said you would have to send your turbo in and it'll take a week to do since they have to custom fit the bigger wheel into the stock turbo. Basically this is Vit's upgrade and for only $750 including labor but probably not shipping cost which is not that much anyways.

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
They said you would have to send your turbo in and it'll take a week to do since they have to custom fit the bigger wheel into the stock turbo. Basically this is Vit's upgrade and for only $750 including labor but probably not shipping cost which is not that much anyways.
We would have to send in our stock turbo?

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We would have to send in our stock turbo?
Well of course lol how else do you think you would fit a big ass wheel into the stock turbo. Just look at the OEM vs their upgraded one they have to bore a bigger hole to fit.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My thoughts are, if you are removing the stock turbo already, why not just put a @27WON or @PRL Motorsports turbo back in?
I mean you could lol this is just an option for those who want to spend less and technically could in fact match a 27Won turbo performance wise and for more than half the cost of the 27Won and $1500 cheaper than the PRL turbo kit

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Same company... yes.... completely different design from Comp's compressor wheel and Vit's compressor wheel:coffee:

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same company... yes.... completely different design from Comp's compressor wheel and Vit's compressor wheel:coffee:
Yeah but they both only upgraded one wheel lol also Vits was prices at $1000 with turbo sent in and Comp is $750 sent in. I mean they both only upgraded the compressor and left the turbine wheel alone. Still made over 280whp on 92 octane with just that upgrade and tune

Last edited:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah but they both only upgraded one wheel lol also Vits was prices at $1000 with turbo sent in and Comp is $750 sent in. I mean they both only upgraded the compressor and left the turbine wheel alone. Still made over 280whp on 92 octane with just that upgrade and tune
True..I know that Vit's only had the Compressor side done.. as well as the Comp one with the anodized red Compressor wheel but who do you think has Vit's turbo.... and the one posted on Comps Instagram:hmm: Since Vit's was a 11 Blade Compressor wheel and the Comp is a 6x6 wheel.. two different animals Vit initially went with the 6x6 design then changed to the 11 blade compressor. Either one will be a nice option for people that don't want the 27won or PRL turbo kit.. Been working with Comp Turbo for a bit on this :thumbsup:
Honda Civic 10th gen Comp Turbo Wheel Upgrades 6CE84454-4D23-4B59-A9F1-6A4D96D078F4

Honda Civic 10th gen Comp Turbo Wheel Upgrades 5E28B0F9-1B0D-4B94-9782-8124774B15B9

j__d__a

First Name
jake d allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im in Southern California, I may go see what this is about

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nice! If anyone doesnt want down time I have an Si turbo for sale... had 16.5k miles on it when pulled.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
So to clarify: this is the same company that manufactured Vit's turbo compressor wheel upgrade, and now they've come out with their own compressor wheel upgrade. Vit's was good for around 280 whp, and this one is good for 300 whp (unknown if on 92 octane or e-40). Vit's costed $1000, and this one costs $750. Both require(d) that your existing turbo be sent in for modification. It's also unknown at this time what the power curve looks like on this new turbo upgrade.

Does that sum things up?

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So to clarify: this is the same company that manufactured Vit's turbo compressor wheel upgrade, and now they've come out with their own compressor wheel upgrade. Vit's was good for around 280 whp, and this one is good for 300 whp (unknown if on 92 octane or e-40). Vit's costed $1000, and this one costs $750. Both require(d) that your existing turbo be sent in for modification. It's also unknown at this time what the power curve looks like on this new turbo upgrade.

Does that sum things up?
Yeah still should be good regardless and cheaper too. I mean Vit moved onto Motec so this turbo upgrade would of been canceled anyways.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Yeah still should be good regardless and cheaper too. I mean Vit moved onto Motec so this turbo upgrade would of been canceled anyways.
My primary concern would be making sure that the hit on the low end is minimal. Would love to see a Dyno chart comparison between the stock setup and this one on the same tune.
Sponsored