JDM Side Marker Lights for all 10th Gen Civics

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
There are plenty of videos online but the obly difference is instead of replacing the buld you plug the wire into where the bulb was. If you want it to be amber you just need to splice the long red wire into the short one. Let me know if you have any questions. Which ones did you get?

I got the smoked led, buT YEA I WANT THE AMBER white worls good.
But if u splice the long red....how.

I dont get that part
Sponsored

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the smoked led, buT YEA I WANT THE AMBER white worls good.
But if u splice the long red....how.

I dont get that part

Geez..ok i get it now. Power on both red short and red long make it amber
Basically a switchback mode.
In that case ill keep the long red wire and tap in somewhere to sync up w the headlights.... i definitively will keep it to do both

now all i need is to find a nearby tap position.

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just picked up the smoked LED strip version, can’t wait to put them in. When you say you can pick amber or white does that just depend on how it’s installed or is there a way to switch it

I ALSO FOUND OUT THERE IS A WAY TO USE BOTH COLORS
You can permanently set to amber or white or
You can set to go to amber at night to keep it US legal...or the reverse way.
Just havent found a good tap in point for the long red wire to do this

Not sure why this kit doesnt include everything needed...including the tap in connectors. Seems they could of included a .19cent switch in the back to make this even easier . Weird

Oh, and dont expect any other info with the package either.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I'm wondering if someone can, in a couple of sentences, describe the install process. I'm sure it's simple, I just need to know a little more so I know how and where I can do this.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
We ended up doing a wiring guide for the LED versions of these side markers. See attached PDF file.

Other than the LED wiring, the installation is extremely simple. It's basically just like taking the factory ones off and putting them back on again.

Attachments

BlackIze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We ended up doing a wiring guide for the LED versions of these side markers. See attached PDF file.

Other than the LED wiring, the installation is extremely simple. It's basically just like taking the factory ones off and putting them back on again.
Helped a lot! Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Side Marker Lights for all 10th Gen Civics IMG_7467

BlackIze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Side Marker Lights for all 10th Gen Civics IMG_7476
Wow. You're the man. Thank you!
Hey, I didn't have time to make a video but here are some quick pictures of what both colors look like as well as the area where I wired the markers to the blinkers. It's pretty simple, after connecting the main LED sidemarker plug, just take the lose red wire, pass it through the side marker wall all the way to where the blinker connection is in the headlights (located at the top with a black and grey wire I believe) and use the quick splice clips that come with the kit to join the lose red wire from the marker to the grey wire from the blinker. I wrapped it in electrical tape to cover the clips for added protection and a neater look. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Side Marker Lights for all 10th Gen Civics IMG_7474

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Side Marker Lights for all 10th Gen Civics IMG_7475

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Side Marker Lights for all 10th Gen Civics IMG_7476

View attachment 110208

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I installed this switchback marker weeks ago and now I'm wondering if it able to pass inspection. The white led lights up with headlight and amber color for blinker/turn signal. But no more orange side reflector. Anyone has experience with inspection on it?

If I cut a thin strip of orange reflector tape and stick near the marker, will that help?

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
@procivic I'm trying to install these to just light up Amber when the lights are on, all I seem to get is white. I read the short instruction manual, but it was a bit unclear to me where the tapping point for the long red wire is if you just want Amber.

Update: I'm an idiot and the quick splice connectors weren't pressed through all the way the first time I tried the tap. The location is exactly what's described in the manual, just taps back into the red line going to the plug. I had to trim the quick splice connectors a bit to make them fit in the space, but I finally got the markers installed and working.
Sponsored

Last edited: