Infotainment software update?

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I'm having an issue with the 1.F197.00 update for my 2016 EX-L sedan.
Update went smoothly and I haven't had any CarPlay issues since. However, I took my car into the dealership for an oil change. They were unable to access the computer to reset the service indicator light. They tried for an hour yesterday as well as enlisting help from Honda, but to no avail. I'm bringing the car back in today to see if they can fix it. I don't know for sure if it's due to the firmware update, but I suspect it is.

Anyone else have this same issue?
I just reset my 17 si with no issues.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I'm having an issue with the 1.F197.00 update for my 2016 EX-L sedan.
Update went smoothly and I haven't had any CarPlay issues since. However, I took my car into the dealership for an oil change. They were unable to access the computer to reset the service indicator light. They tried for an hour yesterday as well as enlisting help from Honda, but to no avail. I'm bringing the car back in today to see if they can fix it. I don't know for sure if it's due to the firmware update, but I suspect it is.

Anyone else have this same issue?
Uh-oh.

1) Play stupid and say NOTHING about the upgrade and pretend you have no idea what they're talking about once they find a different software version than the version the vehicle is supposed to have. There is a (slim) chance you'll get a new display audio system under warranty (assuming the vehicle is still under warranty).

2) Tell them what you did so they don't keep chasing their tails. Of course, this pretty much obliterates any possibility of getting this fixed under warranty and may end up costing about $1.000.

CivEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Yeah I didn’t mention anything.
They were able to resolve it. Honda says this is a known issue and will be pushing out a software update to dealerships in the next two months.

CANBOS

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '15 Acura MDX Elite, 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo E-Gear
Do you guys think this is a good idea to install on a 2016 Civic EX-T Sedan (Canadian), my infotainment is extremely glitchy and is very frustrating at times. Toronto Honda says there is no issue but I disagree.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Do you guys think this is a good idea to install on a 2016 Civic EX-T Sedan (Canadian), my infotainment is extremely glitchy and is very frustrating at times. Toronto Honda says there is no issue but I disagree.
What update is on your current Infotainment?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I currently am running 1.F186.69.
Since your unit is extremely flaky and is on an pretty old version I'd definitely update it to see if it fixes your problems.
If there's no way to convince your dealer to update it(maybe take screenshots when it messes up?) then I'd buy the update if that's an available option in Canada. If not then I'd just go ahead and install the ShakenPuma version. Good luck and keep us posted!

CANBOS

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Worked perfectly on a 2016 EX-T sedan, Canadian model. Running very smooth without any hiccups!

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? IMG_5605.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? IMG_5613.JPG

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Worked perfectly on a 2016 EX-T sedan, Canadian model. Running very smooth without any hiccups!

IMG_5605.JPG

IMG_5613.JPG
Do you still have the web browser? Or able to unlock developer mode?

CANBOS

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you still have the web browser? Or able to unlock developer mode?
I haven't tried unlocking developer mode, but I can confirm that the web browser, along with all the other existing apps are still present.

Fatack91

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe 2016 Turbo
Country flag
I thought about doing that actually, however there is a warning on the usb stick not to stick it in a computer because it could corrupt the drives. I am not programmer so not sure how to do this. When you stick the drive in a menu comes up that just says the version is older than what is installed and will not continue.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/infotainment-software-update.16505/page-15#post-405508
Could you fix it? I did the update to F197 but as you my AA doesnt play media audio when its connected only by bluetooth.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Could you fix it? I did the update to F197 but as you my AA doesnt play media audio when its connected only by bluetooth.
Nope :( This stinks. We are stuck until Honda comes up with another update. I can't figure out a way to go back. I just stopped using AA all together and just use bluetooth. I guess I can only blame myself. If anyone out there could figure out how to go back it would be great. The only other solution would be to admit what I did to the dealer and hope they can do it or get a new radio under warranty. However, I doubt they will respond well. Not sure I will chance it our not. This really sucks though as I have a Sirius and Google Play music subscription and was enjoying using it with the Android Auto interface.

yakimoto2

First Name
yakimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Does anyone have soft 1.F1A1.25 or newer version ?