Catless downpipe k20c2

jameRaff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag

Check this out, I made 176.80 Whp with catback, rv6 downpipe, and ktuner. There is hope for the N/A 2.0!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Catless downpipe k20c2 received_1771191976281900

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag

Check this out, I made 178.80 Whp with catback, rv6 downpipe, and ktuner. There is hope for the N/A 2.0!!

received_1771191976281900.jpeg
Are you using the Invidia Catback?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Not impressed, not the slightest. Only thing that will wake this plateform up is F/I.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Not impressed, not the slightest. Only thing that will wake this plateform up is F/I.
This car came with 158 to the crank and hes pushing around 205 HP with a estimated 15% drivetrain loss taken into consideration. That is as much as a stock SI out of a 2.0 NA motor. You cant compare this to any turbo motor, 200+ out of 2.0L is impressive in any way you measure it.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This car came with 158 to the crank and hes pushing around 205 HP with a estimated 15% drivetrain loss taken into consideration. That is as much as a stock SI out of a 2.0 NA motor. You cant compare this to any turbo motor, 200+ out of 2.0L is impressive in any way you measure it.
Never did I talk about any comparisons here. Just stating the obvious.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean pushing Stock Si power out of the N/A motor is actually insane IMO.
Not quite, the Si stock is still better. They dyno typically 190-205 to the wheels not crank, then the torque being anywheres from 190-225 to the wheels. You are not getting that with the N/A even with full bolt ons and tune. If you are talking about older generations that’s kinda irrelevant to the conversation.

k20martinez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Thats not bad.. 200 Crank Horsepower almost out of a N/A Motor. No one is going to want to boost this motor because it would need forged internals
Some internals are forged on this engine
Never did I talk about any comparisons here. Just stating the obvious.
And because it’s got low number doesn’t mean it’s not fast at a dig or a roll race. Don’t forget Honda was one of the last to do F/I there N/A game was always good and top tier with out F/I don’t forget that. From a roll my 2.0 fbo could stick on a stock 1.5 si and even a wrx.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag

Check this out, I made 176.80 Whp with catback, rv6 downpipe, and ktuner. There is hope for the N/A 2.0!!

received_1771191976281900.jpeg
HAH. Are you really the guy in the video? I've watched and mirrored nearly everything ya'll have done, and watched most of your videos. Your buddy with the camera is a funny dude. I've also linked your dyno sheet on here a few times.

If I recall, you got a custom Ktune, downpipe, nVidia exhaust, suspension, and wheels. I really dislike the sound of that exhaust and wish something else would come out, but hey, power, so whatever. The sound of the dpipe doesn't really come across the video quite like what it sounds like in person, and the sound has improved significantly after about 250mi.

Any plans to swap the throttle body? Future plans?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Can you even swap the throttle body on this motor?
Yes. 4 bolts. It's been rumored that you can swap with the K24's, if not, there's an adapter that allows for pretty much any TB. Also porting, polishing, and coolant bypass to reduce IAT. One of the things I haven't don't yet as it could involve some fabrication and I'd like to keep mine in a position to be able to swap back to stock if I end up trading it in. If I found solid evidence of someone swapping it out, straight bolt on, I wouldn't hesitate.

jameRaff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
HAH. Are you really the guy in the video? I've watched and mirrored nearly everything ya'll have done, and watched most of your videos. Your buddy with the camera is a funny dude. I've also linked your dyno sheet on here a few times.

If I recall, you got a custom Ktune, downpipe, nVidia exhaust, suspension, and wheels. I really dislike the sound of that exhaust and wish something else would come out, but hey, power, so whatever. The sound of the dpipe doesn't really come across the video quite like what it sounds like in person, and the sound has improved significantly after about 250mi.

Any plans to swap the throttle body? Future plans?

jameRaff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
New
Yes sir!! Its a work in progress.. i hate to leak but I do plan on squeezing more power out of this car. I know it cost a lot of money but its the love and goals that keeps me going.. A lot of people knock on this car because it's N/A. I hate the sound too, but I might add another resonator to reduce rasp. As for future plans I'm looking to buy another car and boosting my civic. We got the tools and equipment to make it work (custom). Reason why I want to boost, because I feel like it's a true K20. Running boost at 10psi won't hurt .
Sponsored