27WON Civic Turbo Upgrade now available!!!!!!!

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installing mine tomorrow then off to church for a custom tune, cant wait!
Post your results of the tune please. I will be getting mine 8/27, wish it could be sooner but work just won't allow it.

incutebus

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR-S, 21 Mk5 3.0 Supra, Lexus F-Sport
Country flag
Currently getting tuned by Daniel at church automotive with ktuner 1.2 and running into inconsistent ethanol issues. Afr cant be changed when more ethanol is put in otherwise pump gas will run too lean leading to less power on ethanol. On hondata, hes able to change the fuel mixture the more ethanol is put in so he can lean it out on e85 while keeping pump gas staying rich. Around e43 is when fuel gets cut out. Seems like hondata is the only way to go with this turbo if you want to run ethanol. Spoke to Vincent about this now and Daniel will send some logs. Unfortunate findings.

Making 360tq and 335whp with intermittent fuel pressure droppings at around 5.5k. Was able to reach 358whp but cant have ethanol content below 20 otherwise too lean

Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently getting tuned by Daniel at church automotive with ktuner 1.2 and running into inconsistent ethanol issues. Afr cant be changed when more ethanol is put in otherwise pump gas will run too lean leading to less power on ethanol. On hondata, hes able to change the fuel mixture the more ethanol is put in so he can lean it out on e85 while keeping pump gas staying rich. Around e43 is when fuel gets cut out. Seems like hondata is the only way to go with this turbo if you want to run ethanol. Spoke to Vincent about this now and Daniel will send some logs. Unfortunate findings.

Making 360tq and 335whp with intermittent fuel pressure droppings at around 5.5k.
I guess that is why Vit said that E40 was as much as you would want to go. Hondata's solution is to run very lean at WOT. This apparently works well since we only run WOT for a few seconds at a time. I guess Hondata thinks that such short bursts are not destructive. They may be right, I don't know. I think the problem is not with Ktuner, it is that our cars aren't designed to run with that much fuel. I guess we would need changes in our fuel delivery systems. I am sure there are people working on that issue like maybe PRL? I wonder what Steve at Ktuner did with the PRL turbo to get 400 hp?

incutebus

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also according to Daniel, if you have flash pro the basemap is pretty far up there already. Tweaks will only net you about a 2 percent difference if that.

The basemap is 376tq and 349whp. You really dont need a custom tune.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Making 360tq and 335whp with intermittent fuel pressure droppings at around 5.5k. Was able to reach 358whp but cant have ethanol content below 20 otherwise too lean
Interesting. I've not been contacted yet, but would like to see these logs as well. It is actually possible to set the targets differently if he needed to and my only guess is that he's not as familiar with KTuner and may not have set it up to take full advantage of our flex fuel features. We'll find out when he contacts me.

Last edited:

incutebus

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting. I've not been contacted yet, but would like to see these logs as well. It is actually possible to set the targets differently if he needed to and my only guess is that he's not as familiar with KTuner and may not have set it up to take full advantage of our flex fuel features. We'll find out when he contacts me.
I'm still definitely a fan of ktuner. When he contacts me for a little more testing this following Tuesday, I'll request that he sends over some logs.

incutebus

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does your on the fly map switching work yet?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I'm still definitely a fan of ktuner. When he contacts me for a little more testing this following Tuesday, I'll request that he sends over some logs.
I have some ideas of what is actually going on. If you're testing on Tuesday he may want to get those logs to me tomorrow so I can give him some pointers ahead of time!

Map switching for Si was released at the end of last month, but you should double check with the tuner if changing any boost levels will negatively effect his tune!
Sponsored