Did I Break My Brand New Type R Seat?

ratimux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
I got my Type R a few days ago and I noticed a poping sound coming from the drivers seat. It happens only when I enter the car and I sit in the drivers seat. I guess my body weight concentrates on a couple of points upon entry and something pops. See the picture below (not my picture, not my car). The ares in question is circled.

I am 6'1" and 250 lbs, so a bit concerned that my brand new seat got broken by my big fat a**.

Do your seats do the same?

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I Break My Brand New Type R Seat? seat.JPG
Sponsored

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I'm 6'5" 220 and my seats creak and pop when my lanky ass moves around. I've been driving my ctr since early June of last year and my seat is still in tact! I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP

ratimux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
I'm 6'5" 220 and my seats creak and pop when my lanky ass moves around. I've been driving my ctr since early June of last year and my seat is still in tact! I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah I get the creaks, but mine pops like dislocated shoulder :p It feels like something in that area moved into / snaps into place when I sit in.

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am 5'11 about 140 lbs wet and my seat crackles and pops with certain movement too lmao.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
well if anyone wants the OEM back support cushion I got one brand new and sealed if anyone wants to buy one. Its for driver's side but pretty sure its the same for both? Hit me up!

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
I'm a similar size and weight and I never hear anything when entering/exiting or moving around. Iwould take it in and get it looked at while you have the 1 yr bumper-bumper warranty.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I'm a similar size and weight and I never hear anything when entering/exiting or moving around. Iwould take it in and get it looked at while you have the 1 yr bumper-bumper warranty.
3 years and 36 k miles .

It's the seat belt holder just move it around you hear the noise . Oil it perhaps .

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
I got my Type R a few days ago and I noticed a poping sound coming from the drivers seat. It happens only when I enter the car and I sit in the drivers seat. I guess my body weight concentrates on a couple of points upon entry and something pops. See the picture below (not my picture, not my car). The ares in question is circled.
I am 6'1" and 250 lbs, so a bit concerned that my brand new seat got broken by my big fat a**.
Do your seats do the same?
Thanks
That's normal. It happens on mine & one local fellow owner as well, reversed pressure and it will be back to where it must be. :thumbsup:

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
I’ve noticed the same noise in that same spot too...

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I am 5'11 about 140 lbs wet and my seat crackles and pops with certain movement too lmao.
How is that possible? I could maybe dip below 140 lbs with anorexia or tapeworms and I’m 5’9”. If you’re a lady, my bad.

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is that possible? I could maybe dip below 140 lbs with anorexia or tapeworms and I’m 5’9”. If you’re a lady, my bad.
It's definitely not impossible. I'm a guy, and I'm 6'0", 135lbs. No eating disorders or anything, I'm just one of those lucky people everyone hates because I can eat whatever, not exercise at all, and gain no weight.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
To the OP - completely off topic - were you driving down Stone Mountain Freeway earlier this week? Saw my first red Type R on the road; could've been you. Congrats on the ride.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm 5'10 and 160 lbs and my seat snaps/pops occasionally in that spot also, I think it's where the faux harness holes are in the faux racing seat lol.
Sponsored