Purchased First NEW car ever today, Civic LX Manual

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Yeah the vtec pull is really noticeable in the first 3 gears now with my current setup
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I can vouch for the KTuner being a MUST for the Civic NA engines if you are looking for better performance. I got mine a couple days ago and I was pretty skeptical on how it would effect it because I had the CVT trans and the engine is not turbocharged. But I was wrong. It made the driving experience so much better and the engine actually felt alive. Not saying its anything groundbreaking but it's a solid buy especially for an NA engine.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I can vouch for the KTuner being a MUST for the Civic NA engines if you are looking for better performance. I got mine a couple days ago and I was pretty skeptical on how it would effect it because I had the CVT trans and the engine is not turbocharged. But I was wrong. It made the driving experience so much better and the engine actually felt alive. Not saying its anything groundbreaking but it's a solid buy especially for an NA engine.
CVT basically holding the engine in perfect vtec range when accelerating between 40-100+mph is quite a good feeling, hearing the engine scream. The stock power curve shits the bed at the top end rpm range, not sure why they did that, but KTuner certainly fixes it.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I despise CVT. The trans is constantly hunting for the right ratio. Feels like the engine is disconnected from the wheels. And you wait forever for it to take off when you floor it. The RPM's go up and down as you're driving.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd be curious to see what these times look like with a tune. I still need to record a log on my 0-100 run with my Ktuner.

Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased First NEW car ever today, Civic LX Manual Screenshot_20180619-181959_Chrome

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 6MT LX is a fine car. Drove it for a few months between my 9th gen LX and my current Si. I didn't wring it much, and I wish I did when I had the chance considering it's probably the last NA engine for me.

With that said, I highly recommend at least test driving the Si. The power does fall off, but it's fun when it's there. You get a good chunk of extra power, the suspension, the interior, and more tuning options.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I'd be curious to see what these times look like with a tune. I still need to record a log on my 0-100 run with my Ktuner.

Screenshot_20180619-181959_Chrome.jpg
Going on a 0-60 to run to see how its improved is something I definitely need to do. Curious to see how the tune translates into numbers.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Going on a 0-60 to run to see how its improved is something I definitely need to do. Curious to see how the tune translates into numbers.
Ktuner logging will actually show speed, time, and distance is based on GPS, so not a perfect quarter time, but 0-60 is accurate. With tune, intake, downpipe, high performance Z rated tires that have been warmed up, my measly 2.0 CVT EX sedan is decidedly faster than 8.3s 0-60. Though the best performance is really between the 40-100mph range. Before I'd done anything I pegged it out around 118. Haven't had the balls or distance to safely do more than 125 since, but she does cruise and handle easily at 100mph down the 130 "Texas autobahn". Not bad for a 36mpg daily econobox.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Ktuner logging will actually show speed, time, and distance is based on GPS, so not a perfect quarter time, but 0-60 is accurate. With tune, intake, downpipe, high performance Z rated tires that have been warmed up, my measly 2.0 CVT EX sedan is decidedly faster than 8.3s 0-60. Though the best performance is really between the 40-100mph range. Before I'd done anything I pegged it out around 118. Haven't had the balls or distance to safely do more than 125 since, but she does cruise and handle easily at 100mph down the 130 "Texas autobahn". Not bad for a 36mpg daily econobox.
Wish I could do a 0-100, but doing something like that in the northern va area is like asking for your license to get revoked because cops are everywhere and they take it insanely seriously here in Virginia. I have yet to find a good empty road, but I guess i'll keep on looking. And I still think these K20C2 engines have a lot more untapped potential, just need some more supporting mods for this platform.