Hondata Tests PRL Intake Performance Gains

daijobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What did you notice the difference to be?
Also interested in this. Since they're nearly identical price, I think other folks are certainly interested in what your findings may be. A demonstrable temperature difference would be enough to tip the scale.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
That's pretty bad lol for every 10 temps over ambient is a loss of hp
I don't think it's that bad at all for stock in near 100F ambient temps with heatsoak. Most of those days the average was 97F and I'm running cooler than the linked photo above with an intake?

79F Ambient at lunch and IAT was 100-103F.

What are you getting with both intakes?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think it's that bad at all for stock in near 100F ambient temps with heatsoak. Most of those days the average was 97F and I'm running cooler than the linked photo above with an intake?

I run 30-40 over ambient cruising on the freeway with my AF Dynamic SRI. Traffic jumps it to 50 or so. I bet stock in traffic doesnt change much from cruising.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I run 30-40 over ambient cruising on the freeway with my AF Dynamic SRI. Traffic jumps it to 50 or so. I bet stock in traffic doesnt change much from cruising.
All my numbers so far were in traffic with a mix of heavy driving and using the A/C not to mention the humidity here.........Haven't really been out to the hills or any freeway driving yet. My lunch numbers today were in heavy traffic.

Interesting.....

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

With 27Won I was getting 25 over ambient consistently while cruising and with PRL Race SI CAI I am getting 16 over ambient with no cutouts like most people

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With 27Won I was getting 25 over ambient consistently while cruising and with PRL Race SI CAI I am getting 16 over ambient with no cutouts like most people
Appreciate the info.

What is your opinion on both? Probably biggest question on the forum! lol

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate the info.

What is your opinion on both? Probably biggest question on the forum! lol
Well I actually haven’t had the PRL Cai for long so not sure yet but seems to run good but 27Won runs good as well. Can’t really compare since the race maf is huge compared to normal mafs

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have the PRL CAI with race MAF. And my ITAs are usually only 10° above the outside air. I also have a honeycomb Grill which before installing the intake, took 10° off my average.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my IAT with PRL CAI is 4-8* over ambient. It’s 93 here today and my IAT1 was 98
Wow! That is impressive! Street MAF I'm assuming? Easily 20-30F drop for me.....wow!

I have the PRL CAI with race MAF. And my ITAs are usually only 10° above the outside air. I also have a honeycomb Grill which before installing the intake, took 10° off my average.
Appreciate the info! I was wondering about that grill!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
When I have the meth kit turned on there 0 temp issues ;) I was able to lean out fuel for extra power as well.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very interesting thread. Thanks for sharing the datalog of the 27Won. I wanted to make a custom intake EXACTLY like 27Won's with the exception being the slit at the top of the box. I am wondering if that slit at the top of the box is that significant enough to overwhelm the cool air coming in from underneath the filter.

No doubt PRL's intake is cold air. They made-do with the sharp bends by making the opening fairly large for the tight space. I do want to be able to change/clean my filter fairly easily. I like to test different filters at the track. Will see! But a 2-3F difference vs 20F is significant.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Yes I’m running the street MAF. My temps have never been 20 over ambient. Not sure why they are reporting that high for some.

Wow! That is impressive! Street MAF I'm assuming? Easily 20-30F drop for me.....wow!

Appreciate the info! I was wondering about that grill!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Filter is easy access. Just undo a couple clips and a bolt I believe and the flap pops down to show the filter. Can even change fog bulbs :)

Very interesting thread. Thanks for sharing the datalog of the 27Won. I wanted to make a custom intake EXACTLY like 27Won's with the exception being the slit at the top of the box. I am wondering if that slit at the top of the box is that significant enough to overwhelm the cool air coming in from underneath the filter.

No doubt PRL's intake is cold air. They made-do with the sharp bends by making the opening fairly large for the tight space. I do want to be able to change/clean my filter fairly easily. I like to test different filters at the track. Will see! But a 2-3F difference vs 20F is significant.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx