Door lock delete

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Knock on wood guys... So far I have been real lucky. But my Accord, I can still open my trunk with a key.
And with no key slot on the trunk of the civic...again, how would you get in if the battery for the car dies??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
And with no key slot on the trunk of the civic...again, how would you get in if the battery for the car dies??
Brick through the window?

The Jaws Of Life?

Other?

OP
OP
Lagreat

Lagreat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L, 2003 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
As Boz suggested, those will work. :D But I have to brainstorm to see what kind of failsafe I can think of.

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Don't listen to all these negative nancies. On Toyota family brands, the driver door has a lock cylinder which is covered by a cover like you want. It pops off pretty easily so you can still get in if your battery fails. I am thinking about getting this part from a RHD country and seeing if I can do something similar.

OP
OP
Lagreat

Lagreat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't listen to all these negative nancies. On Toyota family brands, the driver door has a lock cylinder which is covered by a cover like you want. It pops off pretty easily so you can still get in if your battery fails. I am thinking about getting this part from a RHD country and seeing if I can do something similar.
Thanks. I see you found the post. I just bought the cover from the driver's rear door. Hopefully it works.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel stupid asking this...but, our cars have locks on them? I am 99% sure I don't have a lock on my driver's side door, and I definitely am not aware of a key that I own. Maybe it's a sedan only thing?

OP
OP
Lagreat

Lagreat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel stupid asking this...but, our cars have locks on them? I am 99% sure I don't have a lock on my driver's side door, and I definitely am not aware of a key that I own. Maybe it's a sedan only thing?
They all have one on the driver's front door.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, went and checked and it's definitely there. Didn't even know there was a hard-key in the fob. Dealer said it was completely keyless. Learned two new things
Sponsored