Possible new 2019 CTR color ???

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
But he is "In the Know" bro

Dude is a tool lol. I follow his Social media bullshit because it is comedy af.
The car looks awful. The black hood scoop and gold wheels on a yellow car looks stupid. Cutting the roof off and putting a carbon fiber one on there? What?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Not trying to be a jerk here, but if he is “in the know” why did he get the engine for the Civic Si wrong?

057342EA-4476-489E-A7CA-3C8023A90F65.jpeg
Because sometimes Honda themselves aren’t in the know. Two corporate engines and an old J series (old doesn’t mean it’s bad) and many models. They sometimes have no clue what they’re doing themselves. Shelving the idea of a 2.0 in the Si and dropping the 1.5T is a decision that can be made over tacos.

Do you really think the Si wasn’t a candidate for a 2.0T at one point? I heard the decision was made when the J series was dropped from the Accord and the 2.0T made its way there. I don’t know how accurate the information is. Don’t be surprised if the 2.0 makes its way back to the Si, those cars are eating dust at dealer lots.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Because sometimes Honda themselves aren’t in the know. Two corporate engines and an old J series (old doesn’t mean it’s bad) and many models. They sometimes have no clue what they’re doing themselves. Shelving the idea of a 2.0 in the Si and dropping the 1.5T is a decision that can be made over tacos.

Do you really think the Si wasn’t a candidate for a 2.0T at one point? I heard the decision was made when the J series was dropped from the Accord and the 2.0T made its way there. I don’t know how accurate the information is. Don’t be surprised if the 2.0 makes its way back to the Si, those cars are eating dust at dealer lots.
What do you mean by eating the dust at dealers' lots?

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Damn, now aim considering a R, that sonic/lunar grey does it for me man!

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I’m confused. Sonic Grey is available as a CTR in the UK. Maybe that’s what you’re seeing? Or maybe that’s a color palette for all hatches not only CTRs?
Yeah. I know the sonic grey is NOT available here in the US. It is in Europe. Not sure where in Europe though. Maybe it is only for the UK but not sure.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
IMO I don’t think there is going to be a 2019 CTR. I guess it’s always good for people to keep hope and something to talk about to keep the conversation going. Also, around where I live they are still being sold with adm and nothing has been changed about that. It seems like the demand for this car is higher than it’s production rate.
Just out of curiosity, what do you base your prediction on? Low demand would signal the end of the CTR, I would think. Just asking as I don't really need a car right now, but if there really is a strong argument against 2019 models, I'll probably move up the timetable.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. I know the sonic grey is NOT available here in the US. It is in Europe. Not sure where in Europe though. Maybe it is only for the UK but not sure.
I think that the SP was available in many RHD markets, as I don't think I've seen a LHD model in that color

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
They’re just sitting in their backlots. Literally eating dust. I still see 2017 Si’s in the same lots. Dusty.
Around Philly, this seemed to be the case initially, but not now. I've been watching the Si inventories at a few dealers, and they've been selling pretty quickly this year. I've still only seen a couple on the road though.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
IMO I don’t think there is going to be a 2019 CTR. I guess it’s always good for people to keep hope and something to talk about to keep the conversation going. Also, around where I live they are still being sold with adm and nothing has been changed about that. It seems like the demand for this car is higher than it’s production rate.
The 2019 CTR is coming and Sonic Gray is the only new color added. Any other updates to the car (such as a volume knob) for the 2019 models hasn't been released yet.

moonman

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT (FK8, 2018)
Country flag
In Switzerland we got the sonic grey color. And we are driving on the right side of the street :)

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I wonder if the base model CTR is still coming... would help a lot of people still wanting one.