Are the interior door panel cards removable?

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just bought a black 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport and I'm looking to convert the Ivory/black interior to all black. I already ordered black seat covers to cover up the ugly 2 toned seats.

I need to know if the ivory door cards are removable from the panel so I can either leather wrap or paint them black?

I'm trying to avoid the extremely costly rout of having to replace the entire door panel just to get the black door card

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Why didn’t you get it with the black interior?

Never settle for a color on a new car you do that with used cars.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
?they make interior paint, maybe thats a option

OP
OP

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why didn’t you get it with the black interior?

Never settle for a color on a new car you do that with used cars.
The all black interior wasn't in stock anywhere within 100 miles. It was new year's day near closing time and they needed a sale that night and made me an offer to settle for the ugly 2 toned interior I couldn't refuse.

I still called the owner 2 weeks later to voice my displeasure with my car buying experience and he replaced all my door panals with all black for no charge and seat covers hid the rest

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The all black interior wasn't in stock anywhere within 100 miles. It was new year's day near closing time and they needed a sale that night and made me an offer to settle for the ugly 2 toned interior I couldn't refuse.

I still called the owner 2 weeks later to voice my displeasure with my car buying experience and he replaced all my door panals with all black for no charge and seat covers hid the rest

That’s pretty awesome that they helped you out after the fact because they certainly didn’t need too. If I were you I would definitely go back to the dealership again for your next car, they earned it :)

OP
OP

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s pretty awesome that they helped you out after the fact because they certainly didn’t need too. If I were you I would definitely go back to the dealership again for your next car, they earned it :)
It was already my 2nd car LOL

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
I just bought a black 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport and I'm looking to convert the Ivory/black interior to all black. I already ordered black seat covers to cover up the ugly 2 toned seats.

I need to know if the ivory door cards are removable from the panel so I can either leather wrap or paint them black?

I'm trying to avoid the extremely costly rout of having to replace the entire door panel just to get the black door card

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

What covers did you buy?

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CoverKing Neo Supreme
Do you like them? Do they actually look like the original seats and how are they holding up. I'm actually making my own seat covers from high grade auto upholstery vinyl. I'd post pics of them but I can't get them to load.

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Did you get a part number for those black door panels?

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sounds like you got pretty lucky with those panels being installed for free. Just called around and honda said they are around 300 a piece sheesh
Sponsored