Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread

Phenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
This thread just made my day! I have a St. Louis Cardinals wallpaper loaded now, but I'm going to find a bunch of cool images to experiment with and post photos later.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
  1. Put the images on a flash drive
  2. Plug it in to the USB in the center console
  3. Long press on the home screen
  4. Tap "Change Wallpaper"
  5. Select "Gallery"
  6. Choose image
I have six images in the root folder of a flash drive in the rear console port. I see them and can add them to the Info screen Clock wallpaper. Android desktop Change Wallpaper | Gallery does not show them at all. App List | Gallery does not show them either.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Phenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get them in there? Gallery shows no photos from my stick.
Idk re: USB stick. It recognized mine without any issues. I used the USB port inside the center console, near the cup holders. Otherwise, this video from earlier in the thread walks you through the process.

I found this YouTube video that shows you how to do it:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Idk re: USB stick. It recognized mine without any issues. I used the USB port inside the center console, near the cup holders. Otherwise, this video from earlier in the thread walks you through the process.
Hmmm. Mine was in the console cup holder port. 6x JPGs in the \ folder. Images resampled to 800x480. Info Clock wallpaper found them fine. More troubleshooting…

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting that he sees a security prompt at 0:44 in the video for Gallery to manage the USB device. I see no such prompt. I wonder if the November kernel mine came with has locked that down?

Phenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that he sees a security prompt at 0:44 in the video for Gallery to manage the USB device. I see no such prompt. I wonder if the November kernel mine came with has locked that down?
Hmmmmm. I don't remember if mine had that prompt. I'm going to lunch soon. I"ll check and report back.

Verdict: I just went out and plugged in my USB drive and there was no security prompt when I went through the process. Photos showed up immediately in my gallery also. You might want to try a different flash drive if you haven't. Other than that, maybe try a factory reset of the infotainment system. It doesn't take too long, just a few minutes.

Last edited:

Hanmuertolobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016, Turbo
Country flag
Hi!

I have a question:

I configure the display screen to a "smoke cloud with motion" and it looks great but when the car is moving the wallpaper change to the happy green field. Is there a way to stop the HU of doing that?

OP
OP

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi!

I have a question:

I configure the display screen to a "smoke cloud with motion" and it looks great but when the car is moving the wallpaper change to the happy green field. Is there a way to stop the HU of doing that?

You don't. It's part of the same safety feature that prevents us from playing videos while moving. Until somebody finds a way around this there's nothing that can be done. As of right now nobody has found an option to disable this like on other models so we'll have to wait and see if the radio gets hacked.

Hanmuertolobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016, Turbo
Country flag
You don't. It's part of the same safety feature that prevents us from playing videos while moving. Until somebody finds a way around this there's nothing that can be done. As of right now nobody has found an option to disable this like on other models so we'll have to wait and see if the radio gets hacked.

Oh, what a bummer. I understand that it's for safe but that wallpaper kill the vibe. It'll be awesome if you can custom the safe wallpaper. But well...

Thanks for the answer

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have 2 skin options for the infotainment system. Post your experience if you have used the alternate skin. Those that haven't tried, you can access via menu>settings>system>change skins....post your experience. What do you like on one versus the other? :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread 20160329_214156_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread 20160329_214203_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread 20160329_214119_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread 20160329_214126_HDR

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I have the 3rd one because I find that it is the easiest one to organize/more user friendly and more appealing. The other ones were driving me crazy. (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ lmao

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the 3rd one because I find that it is the easiest one to organize/more user friendly and more appealing. The other ones were driving me crazy. (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ lmao
The 3rd pic is the alternate Home screen to the 1st pic. It is nice that each feature gas it's own widget and controls are immediately in screen when you select.
Sponsored