CorsoMotion LED Interior Lights not working, halogen bulbs don't work either now?!

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I bought CorsoMotion LED interior lights
https://corsomotion.com/products/honda-civic-10th-gen-custom-led-interior-kit-16-17-18

From my understanding, these are supposed to be good?

Anyways, I got in my car (both halogen bulbs are working), I then remove the dome light covers, and the lights still work.

I take one out, put in the corsoMotion one, and nothing, I reorient it, still nothing. I try the other one thinking it must go in the other light. Nope same problem.

I go to put my halogen bulbs back and now nothing works.

Anyways, I'm chatting with a service rep right now, and they are explaining to me, that if you put these in at even a slightly bad angle, they blow the fuses... I'm not even sure I want to try installing the map or trunk light now LOL.

I need to figure out which fuse is responsible for the dome light....My back seat lights on the ceiling still work ...
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I bought CorsoMotion LED interior lights
https://corsomotion.com/products/honda-civic-10th-gen-custom-led-interior-kit-16-17-18

From my understanding, these are supposed to be good?

Anyways, I got in my car (both halogen bulbs are working), I then remove the dome light covers, and the lights still work.

I take one out, put in the corsoMotion one, and nothing, I reorient it, still nothing. I try the other one thinking it must go in the other light. Nope same problem.

I go to put my halogen bulbs back and now nothing works.

Anyways, I'm chatting with a service rep right now, and they are explaining to me, that if you put these in at even a slightly bad angle, they blow the fuses... I'm not even sure I want to try installing the map or trunk light now LOL.

I need to figure out which fuse is responsible for the dome light....My back seat lights on the ceiling still work ...
The original bulbs are incandescent not halogen. Halogen bulbs would be very bright but they would probably also start your car on fire LOL

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check you owners manual, it has a listing for all the fuses.
the owners manual only says (interior lights), not all my lights are blown, just the front dome lights. I think i'm misunderstanding something, i was under the impression there was one fuse for all the interior lights...

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the owners manual only says (interior lights), not all my lights are blown, just the front dome lights. I think i'm misunderstanding something, i was under the impression there was one fuse for all the interior lights...
If there is only one but the other lights are all working that seems kind of odd... your model does not have a switch to allow you to turn the dome light to off, on, door does it?

-R

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there is only one but the other lights are all working that seems kind of odd... your model does not have a switch to allow you to turn the dome light to off, on, door does it?

-R
yes but the switch isn't working. I've tried playing with it. it works for the rear interior lights though.

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to get a 9v battery tonight and test the leds / bulbs and see if they work.

I have a feeling that metal contacts in the base of the dome light got moved/bent or something and they aren't making contact with the bulbs anymore.

edit: that or the entire electrical wiring got fried by the new led. which would be crazy...

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going to get a 9v battery tonight and test the leds / bulbs and see if they work.

I have a feeling that metal contacts in the base of the dome light got moved/bent or something and they aren't making contact with the bulbs anymore.

edit: that or the entire electrical wiring got fried by the new led. which would be crazy...
Yeah, check the contacts on the light itself, make sure they did not get stretched out too far. I would find it odd that the wiring itself was harmed by LEDs seeing as they should pull less power than the oem bulbs. If you have a meter to test the connections you might try that as well, see if any juice is coming in at all to them. I still wonder if it is a fuse somewhere as that is what it is acting like and is very very odd.

-R

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, check the contacts on the light itself, make sure they did not get stretched out too far. I would find it odd that the wiring itself was harmed by LEDs seeing as they should pull less power than the oem bulbs. If you have a meter to test the connections you might try that as well, see if any juice is coming in at all to them. I still wonder if it is a fuse somewhere as that is what it is acting like and is very very odd.

-R
I tried the meter, saw there was power, the fuse was fine, so I removed the entire unit from the roof and noticed the metal contacts had somehow unclipped themselves and were almost fully out of the unit. I put them back in and now everything works fine. I got some dark blue LEDS, they look alright lol

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried the meter, saw there was power, the fuse was fine, so I removed the entire unit from the roof and noticed the metal contacts had somehow unclipped themselves and were almost fully out of the unit. I put them back in and now everything works fine. I got some dark blue LEDS, they look alright lol
Glad you got it straightened out :D

MugenCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th Sedan
Country flag
I got the 5K and 6K combined color, when I got those LEDs, they didnt have the dark blue, just blue.

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now everything works fine? What is the dark blue LED color?
I just asked for something either red / blue or blue / white. and I got a dark blue / light white. It looks good. I fee like it wasn't worth shipping it to Canada though. I almost payed double cause of that. But that's my opinion.
Sponsored