First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone help? I've tried everything here and I just can't seem to get the system to see the photos (jpg) on the USB stick.

Here are a couple of things I've already tried to do.
  • Reformat stick to FAT32
  • Adjust image size so they're below 1.5MB with a short edge less than 1080
  • Renamed photos to short name
  • Tried both USB ports
  • Confirm in advance (Android) menu that the storage device is showing up
  • Tried to upload via clock menu as well as the gallery
I've seen that there are some image size requirements but does anyone know if there is a ratio requirement as well?

The only other troubleshooting step I can think to do is to download one of the clock image files people have uploaded to see if any of those will work. Maybe there's something wrong specific to my images that isn't working correctly.
Sponsored

Fredwithanf

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone help? I've tried everything here and I just can't seem to get the system to see the photos (jpg) on the USB stick.

Here are a couple of things I've already tried to do.
  • Reformat stick to FAT32
  • Adjust image size so they're below 1.5MB with a short edge less than 1080
  • Renamed photos to short name
  • Tried both USB ports
  • Confirm in advance (Android) menu that the storage device is showing up
  • Tried to upload via clock menu as well as the gallery
I've seen that there are some image size requirements but does anyone know if there is a ratio requirement as well?

The only other troubleshooting step I can think to do is to download one of the clock image files people have uploaded to see if any of those will work. Maybe there's something wrong specific to my images that isn't working correctly.
Welp... I tried one thing different and that seemed to make the difference. I was previously using a 64GB USB 3.0 stick but then tried the same photos on a 16GB USB stick. Worked just fine.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Welp... I tried one thing different and that seemed to make the difference. I was previously using a 64GB USB 3.0 stick but then tried the same photos on a 16GB USB stick. Worked just fine.
Hmm. Wondering if it's a stick-specific compatability issue. I've used both Lexar USB 3.0 (sad they passed away--I really liked their Firefly and S45 sticks) and SanDisk USB 3.1 128GB sticks without problem.

Jefhaugh9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issue. I've used a 64GB exFAT and 4 GB FAT. The car doesn't seem to recognize them. Any ideas?

Jefhaugh9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issue. I've used a 64GB exFAT and 4 GB FAT. The car doesn't seem to recognize them. Any ideas?
I finally got it working, wish I knew how. I put the pictures on the same exFAT32 64Gb card as my music. No luck with the wallpaper. I then did the clock wallpaper and it worked, the then regular wallpaper worked.

Jefhaugh9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got it working, wish I knew how. I put the pictures on the same exFAT32 64Gb card as my music. No luck with the wallpaper. I then did the clock wallpaper and it worked, the then regular wallpaper worked.
I think I figured it out but it's really wierd. I was only able to see the jpgs on the jump drive when I was playing music from it on the audio system. Go figure.

wolfman987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Anyone got the wallpaper for that first comment with the red Honda logo?

CIVIC BIGUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm trying to load my own wallpapers through the android gallery - where you would load the inbuilt wallpapers or live wallpapers. However, it wants me to crop the picture. The crop screen comes up, but there's no way to save after you've selected the crop area. I've used the recommended size and I can use them on the home screen, but I really want them behind my music screens. Have looked everywhere and can't find a solution. Any help would be very welcome indeed.

bchauvfk7

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Images are all set to size; tried one at the lowest and highest pixel ratio in a completely empty flash drive. With just the ignition on and audio off, my "import image" option isn't available. Any ideas?

-2018 Sport hatch

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One thought: are you running the "modern" skin or whatever they call the alternate one?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Aha. Not "Display Audio". My theory is no good then. In '16 Sedans with Display Audio, IIRC, the alternate skin and user wallpapers don't mix. Hopefully somebody else has a better answer for you. Sorry.

bchauvfk7

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aha. Not "Display Audio". My theory is no good then. In '16 Sedans with Display Audio, IIRC, the alternate skin and user wallpapers don't mix. Hopefully somebody else has a better answer for you. Sorry.
The one thing I didn’t do was check the format of the usb. ‍♂

Honda Civic 10th gen Wallpaper D24C9948-928C-4228-8229-798C14D88F6C

Honda Civic 10th gen Wallpaper 66A3C6E5-BF3E-4504-A36F-0DF3749DEE0D

daBiker68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - Lunar Silver Metallic 2017 Subaru Forester - Quartz Blue Pearl
Country flag
I have discovered the solution to a lot of the display and audio problems that we are seeing... Ready for it? here it is!!!!

Use a brand name USB 3.0 Stick.

Yes, that's it. Don't use a micro SD with an adapter. Don't use a cheapie knock off you got on eBay for $1.99 with free shipping.... a true USB 3.0 thumb drive will allow you to be able to see that menu for uploading wallpaper files into the Civic's memory, and it will also allow audio uploaded to that stick to start from where the last song stopped. I don't know if Honda meant for this to be the case, but it seems to be consistent.

This might be a harder one to believe, but the USB drive might also be responsible for some of the head unit problems that are out there (freezing, black screen, etc). I had a 3.0 in the cupholder area that I whacked with a large refillable water bottle. Didn't seem to do much at the time, but started noticing head unit issues soon after. I was going to mention it to the dealer when I brought it in for the next maintenance, but decided to try both reformatting the USB (didn't help) and then replacing it with a new 3.0 class - voila! no more freezing head unit, unplayable songs, duplicates in the song list....

at Best Buy in Canada, you can get a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler (model 100 G3) for about $8, if memory serves me correctly...
Sponsored