Worth getting a custom tune?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had planned to get Vit to tune my car but since that is not an option I'm torn.

Right now I am running the Vit stage 1 Si tune. I've added a PRL Cobra CAI and a AFE/Takeda catted down pipe.

Is it worth getting a tune? If so who's the go to now? I'm a little hesitant.
Sponsored

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Not sure who is but it's definitely worth it. It changes the cars characteristics. I have pretty much instant boost whenever i wot

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have pretty much instant boost whenever i wot
That in itself can easily be accomplished by taking advantage of the built in quick adjustments, however, the base maps do leave a bit on the table for the sake of being safe for everyone to use. A custom tune is always the best way to get the most out of your mods. @D-RobIMW is highly recommended by many.

OP
OP
Doublestack00

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That in itself can easily be accomplished by taking advantage of the built in quick adjustments, however, the base maps do leave a bit on the table for the sake of being safe for everyone to use. A custom tune is always the best way to get the most out of your mods. @D-RobIMW is highly recommended by many.

Vit claims 80 wtq and 45-50 whp gain on a stock Si with his Stage 1 tune. With the intake and down pipe would I gain much more than that from a custom tune? The car runs great and is super smooth right now.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vit claims 80 wtq and 45-50 whp gain on a stock Si with his Stage 1 tune. With the intake and down pipe would I gain much more than that from a custom tune? The car runs great and is super smooth right now.
It’s hard to say. A good approach may be to see if the tuner of your choice will review a datalog of yours to see if they believe you are maximizing your potential or not.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had planned to get Vit to tune my car but since that is not an option I'm torn.

Right now I am running the Vit stage 1 Si tune. I've added a PRL Cobra CAI and a AFE/Takeda catted down pipe.

Is it worth getting a tune? If so who's the go to now? I'm a little hesitant.
Vit's website says that your Stage 1 covers your mods. He also said that even though he got a new job, selling his Stage tunes takes little of his time so he will still do it. If you go beyond your standard mods and need a custom tune then it is time to look for somebody like Derek.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
The next question would be will your stock clutch live up to the custom tune. That's my dilemma

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The next question would be will your stock clutch live up to the custom tune. That's my dilemma
You can have the low end torque limited overall or even setup boost by gear to aid with clutch longevity. Discuss with your tuner!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can have the low end torque limited overall or even setup boost by gear to aid with clutch longevity. Discuss with your tuner!
Example, I am running E85 on the stock clutch, I just have to limit torque down low. Easily done.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everytime I try to touch any of the boost options it freezes the app & my laptop shuts it down. Is there anyway you guys can look into this? I’ve tried two laptops already.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Everytime I try to touch any of the boost options it freezes the app & my laptop shuts it down. Is there anyway you guys can look into this? I’ve tried two laptops already.
Considering I've never heard of anything like that before you may want to reach out to support.

hunkmoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen RS Turbo
Country flag
Just for clarification, limiting the torque here means limiting the boost?