Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not overly worried. I’ll have one buddy familiar with turbo builds there and have a bunch others close by. We’ll get this monster in there.
Yeah haha nothing ever fits flush you got to work it in

mdela0880

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
It fits. It’s a PITA but it fits. More to follow. I’m gonna go to sleep though. Totally exhausted.

E88DE699-1724-4A3F-9E6C-934E80537A88.jpeg
Looks good. Thanks for sharing and showing others that it fits PITA ass or not as mine ships today and hopefully get it installed within next two weeks. Will also post after installation.

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
Sucks that the stencil is partially blocked, it looks like they can push it down a bit more.
They can and the owner of Full-Race has already been notified. They will likely correct it for future shipments.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
Any updates here?

Performance issues? Would this allow for a turbo swap?

I’m interested in cooling mods and this seems to be the biggest one available, and I would like to hit around 450HP over the next few years.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates here?

Performance issues? Would this allow for a turbo swap?

I’m interested in cooling mods and this seems to be the biggest one available, and I would like to hit around 450HP over the next few years.
Probably won’t have a turbo swap for a good while.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
Probably won’t have a turbo swap for a good while.
Couple years? I am patient as from everything the tunes are saying is a new MAF and intake would be needed to hit stage 2. I have only changed exhaust, and everything else I’m waiting for a true stage two.

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
Looks good! How much extra work was involved with the install? Just cutting the pipes?
I didn’t cut pipes at all. Did have to put a piece of hose under the hot side pipe as there’s a piece of subframe it rattles against.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
If they have over 40 sold and installed on the CTR then where are those people, all 40 of them must not care at all about Facebook groups or forums.....lol
Okay, but we all know the answer to that. First, many folks don't like and don't post in forums. There are tens of thousands of Civic We are the minority. Second, people are far more driven to post and far more likely to post complaints when they have issues than success and good experience. That...that's just a quirk in humanity that no none has been able to explain.

On the topic of successes, any of the folks with this bad boy installed get to the dyno yet? Any word on performance, any boost loss, additional or less lag, etc.? I'm sure that I'm not alone in that I'd love to hear about your experience.
Sponsored

Last edited: