PLEASE HELP MEEEEE, IVORY SEAT STAIN?!?!?!

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Sammie_hun Did you get it out? I would try the product you have already first. If it's oil, dawn or fabric spot treatment like spray n wash should work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sammie_hun

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
@Sammie_hun Did you get it out? I would try the product you have already first. If it's oil, dawn or fabric spot treatment like spray n wash should work.
I havent yet. Still deciding if i want to get it done by a professional instead. Thanks for asking though! :D

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Sammie_hun I'm sorry to hear about your accident and the surprise stains. I see your dilemma. You really should make those responsible (the body shop) correct it or pay to have the cover properly cleaned or replaced BUT being that you discovered it after the fact, they can easily say it wasn't them (even though I'm sure they know it was).

If they're honest, they'll own up to it and do the right thing, so it can't hurt to take it back to them. I would try that route first.

Second option is to clean it yourself (it seems they already tried unsuccessfully), but I recommend using a product called "Spot Shot". You can find it at most stores like Walmart and the stuff works wonders on carpets and upholstery. I've had success with Spot Shot removing most stains. There is a possibility though that whatever they used to clean it already may make other cleaners ineffective but give Spot Shot a.. shot! No pun intended.

Another option, as a last resort, you can replace the seat cover. I've seen it in a couple of the online Honda parts sites and is not TOO expensive. I don't know about how easy or difficult it is to make the change though, but it uses zippers on the back side and a number of C-clips around the bottom so it doesn't look too hard. Here's a link to one of the sites where you can order the replacement. I'm not sure which seat is stained (Left or right), so be sure to confirm the side, color, etc before you order, the link is just an example: http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9...1ZA-Left-Front-Seat-Cushion-Trim-YR449L-Cover You may need to buy the C-Clips as well: http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/4...10-SB3-000-Trim-Fastener-C-Clip-Set-30-Pieces

Really, the body shop should replace it for you if it's too difficult to do it yourself. I'm sure they have the capability or have a contact that can do it.

Best of luck, and again, sorry to hear about your accident and the surprise stains. :(

OP
OP
Sammie_hun

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Hey Sammie_hun I'm sorry to hear about your accident and the surprise stains. I see your dilemma. You really should make those responsible (the body shop) correct it or pay to have the cover properly cleaned or replaced BUT being that you discovered it after the fact, they can easily say it wasn't them (even though I'm sure they know it was).

If they're honest, they'll own up to it and do the right thing, so it can't hurt to take it back to them. I would try that route first.

Second option is to clean it yourself (it seems they already tried unsuccessfully), but I recommend using a product called "Spot Shot". You can find it at most stores like Walmart and the stuff works wonders on carpets and upholstery. I've had success with Spot Shot removing most stains. There is a possibility though that whatever they used to clean it already may make other cleaners ineffective but give Spot Shot a.. shot! No pun intended.

Another option, as a last resort, you can replace the seat cover. I've seen it in a couple of the online Honda parts sites and is not TOO expensive. I don't know about how easy or difficult it is to make the change though, but it uses zippers on the back side and a number of C-clips around the bottom so it doesn't look too hard. Here's a link to one of the sites where you can order the replacement. I'm not sure which seat is stained (Left or right), so be sure to confirm the side, color, etc before you order, the link is just an example: http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9...1ZA-Left-Front-Seat-Cushion-Trim-YR449L-Cover You may need to buy the C-Clips as well: http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/4...10-SB3-000-Trim-Fastener-C-Clip-Set-30-Pieces

Really, the body shop should replace it for you if it's too difficult to do it yourself. I'm sure they have the capability or have a contact that can do it.

Best of luck, and again, sorry to hear about your accident and the surprise stains. :(
Thank you so much for your advice. As of recent, I have not brought up the stain to the shop. However, I took a chance and tried cleaning a tiny spot first with a upholstery cleaner I already had and it did the job. (BTW stain is on drivers seat) Now, all there is left to do is do the same thing to the rest of the seat. As well as learn how to coat my seats with the scotchgard fabric seat protector I had just recently purchased. So thank you very much for the luck and advice! :D Oh, and I never considered changing the seat cover, thanks so much for the idea, in case it's really needed. :D

marmar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Thank you so much for your advice. As of recent, I have not brought up the stain to the shop. However, I took a chance and tried cleaning a tiny spot first with a upholstery cleaner I already had and it did the job. (BTW stain is on drivers seat) Now, all there is left to do is do the same thing to the rest of the seat. As well as learn how to coat my seats with the scotchgard fabric seat protector I had just recently purchased. So thank you very much for the luck and advice! :D Oh, and I never considered changing the seat cover, thanks so much for the idea, in case it's really needed. :D
Hey! I have a similar stain on my ivory seat. Was wondering what product you used?

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
A good blast from a steam cleaner then wet-vacuumed will usually clean up oily type spills without issue and its safe on the fabric.

OP
OP
Sammie_hun

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Hey! I have a similar stain on my ivory seat. Was wondering what product you used?
Oh fur sure! Its the Turtle Wax Upholstery Cleaner. There should be a brush/plastic teeth end. Its great. My nephew went into my car after eating ice cream, and i told him to wash his hands thoroughly before coming into my car, but a bit of chocolate found its way in. I was worried it would stain the seat, to the point I wouldnt be able to get it out. (I didnt get around to being able to clean it until a week later cause of school) But I used it once and its completely gone. Good luck!

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Oh fur sure! Its the Turtle Wax Upholstery Cleaner. There should be a brush/plastic teeth end. Its great. My nephew went into my car after eating ice cream, and i told him to wash his hands thoroughly before coming into my car, but a bit of chocolate found its way in. I was worried it would stain the seat, to the point I wouldnt be able to get it out. (I didnt get around to being able to clean it until a week later cause of school) But I used it once and its completely gone. Good luck!

hey sammie, just wanted to get an update on the your issue with your seat stain, did you manage to remove everything off? I'm having the same issue.

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey sammie, just wanted to get an update on the your issue with your seat stain, did you manage to remove everything off? I'm having the same issue.
just get it steam cleaned - my buddy owns a detail shop and a steamer/carpet extractor will eliminate just about any stain you can get - ik some places will rent you them with a small handle too

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2007 Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a learning experience... now you know why black wins :)