Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps)

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
What's your setup? I just did this to a 2018 Civic Si. The headunit has a really slow CPU/GPU. So you can't install certain apps or have too many. It will make your headunit run really slow.

Video Player:
MX Player 1.7.26 with custom codec to support AC3/DTS (This player will play everything smoothly)
NetFlix
Music Player: Player Pro
App downloader: APKPure
Keyboard: Google board
Root manager: SuperSU
NTFS file system support- Paragon UFSD Root Mounter
GPS: Sygic ( let's you download maps onto the usb. This is a good backup if you don't have cell signal for google maps)
File management - ES File Explorer 3.25
Honda Civic 10th gen Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps) upload_2018-4-12_14-2-0

Honda Civic 10th gen Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps) upload_2018-4-12_14-2-24

Honda Civic 10th gen Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps) upload_2018-4-12_14-2-44

Honda Civic 10th gen Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps) upload_2018-4-12_14-3-9

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Only app I have at the moment is the Hondata, which the Flashpro will just not sync through BT. But the Netflix app is on my radar for sure! Is there a DirecTV app?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
There is but I'm not sure if it works on it or not. You will have to test it

mnksauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2005 RSX Type S
Country flag
By chance does the version of Netflix you're running allow for offline download?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
By chance does the version of Netflix you're running allow for offline download?
Umm not sure, I will check later. I will probably never use it.

Does the app let you store the offline download to a sdcard? IF not you are limited to only 800mb of space

mnksauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2005 RSX Type S
Country flag
Umm not sure, I will check later. I will probably never use it.

Does the app let you store the offline download to a sdcard? IF not you are limited to only 800mb of space
I went the hondahack pro route and my 64GB thumbdrive mounted just fine. I already switched storage location for spotify to the thumbdrive and was going to mess with netflix versions to see if I could do the same.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I went the hondahack pro route and my 64GB thumbdrive mounted just fine. I already switched storage location for spotify to the thumbdrive and was going to mess with netflix versions to see if I could do the same.
nice, I will be using a 2TB usb drive for movies for the passengers on long trips.

rbf351

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
only thing i have installed is waze, it's an older version, and would love to be able to update it, but this seems to be the only version that doesn't mess with the car audio. Just is very low

Honda Civic 10th gen Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps) waze

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Anybody try to pair a Bluetooth controller to the head unit? I'd love to do an SNES emulator for my copilot on long trips.

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
moboplayer is all I need. I tried mxplayer before but never could get it to continuously play the videos.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
What's your setup? I just did this to a 2018 Civic Si. The headunit has a really slow CPU/GPU. So you can't install certain apps or have too many. It will make your headunit run really slow.

Video Player:
MX Player 1.7.26 with custom codec to support AC3/DTS (This player will play everything smoothly)
NetFlix
Music Player: Player Pro
App downloader: APKPure
Keyboard: Google board
Root manager: SuperSU
NTFS file system support- Paragon UFSD Root Mounter
GPS: Sygic ( let's you download maps onto the usb. This is a good backup if you don't have cell signal for google maps)
File management - ES File Explorer 3.25
upload_2018-4-12_14-2-0.png

upload_2018-4-12_14-2-24.png

upload_2018-4-12_14-2-44.png

upload_2018-4-12_14-3-9.png
Waze, APK Pure, Netflix, Chrome Browser, what do you use SuperSU for on the unit?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
only thing i have installed is waze, it's an older version, and would love to be able to update it, but this seems to be the only version that doesn't mess with the car audio. Just is very low
Whenever it plays a voice from the gps, you have to quickly hit hte volume button to adjust volume. Navigation has it's on volume slider

Anybody try to pair a Bluetooth controller to the head unit? I'd love to do an SNES emulator for my copilot on long trips.
No, You can only pair up with phone devices unless you can rewrite the controller bluetooth ID

moboplayer is all I need. I tried mxplayer before but never could get it to continuously play the videos.
I tried moboplayer but doesn't support the codec I needed. Mxplayer has been fine for me. I played a 2.5hr movie with no problem

Waze, APK Pure, Netflix, Chrome Browser, what do you use SuperSU for on the unit?
It's to manage root permission. I have an app needs root for me to able to mount NTFS usb sticks

rbf351

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Whenever it plays a voice from the gps, you have to quickly hit hte volume button to adjust volume. Navigation has it's on volume slider
Yeah, even if i do that you can't adjust the volume of the navi, just glad i don't have the issue i originally had where the music would stop playing if waze spoke

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Yeah, even if i do that you can't adjust the volume of the navi, just glad i don't have the issue i originally had where the music would stop playing if waze spoke
it works for me

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Question on your setup, what happens if you play music with an app that you installed, and have the car set to FM (or AM), would both audio output at the same time?
Sponsored