Another one rear ended...

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Never thought it will be me writing this kind of post...but it happened. Got rear ended on the stoplight by the lady that got rear ended by a van. It was super loud and I though the back of my civic is trashed but I was surprised to see only one indentation on the bumper and a crack. I mean, it's not horrible but you can definitely see it if you look for it. I don't think there's hidden damage to the suspension or anything since even the bumper survived.

Anyhow, got this my insurance, and since I'm not at fault my option would be go ahead and file the claim, pay deductible (which is damn high, 1000$) and then they will replace the bumper at certified body shop and make the guy at fault insurance pay for it. Supposedly I shouldn't be paying anything (with the exception of the deductible which I should get back). With all that said, have anyone had experience with bumper replacement? I've heard that hatchback body parts are quiet often on the back order? what would be the total cost for the repairs you think? thanks for y'alls help
Sponsored

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
here's what the damage looks like

Honda Civic 10th gen Another one rear ended... upload_2018-4-11_9-4-32

Honda Civic 10th gen Another one rear ended... upload_2018-4-11_9-5-8

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

upload_2018-4-11_9-4-32.png

upload_2018-4-11_9-5-8.png
Could that be fixed with touch up paint, that does not look like it should cost 1000 to fix, let alone going through insurance

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Could that be fixed with touch up paint, that does not look like it should cost 1000 to fix, let alone going through insurance
The paint cracked, there’s spiderwebbing of some sort, and a crack underneath. So no, touch up won’t work. I’ll likely not going to use my insurance but will probably go after his since he’s at fault

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

upload_2018-4-11_9-4-32.png

upload_2018-4-11_9-5-8.png
In case you didnt know, this will go into your carfax report as "minor accident" if you filed with the insurance. Something similar happened to my old Accord and i filed with the insurance. When i sold my car, the dealer used this to lowball my trade-in. Some private buyers also afraid of this on the report. If you willing to keep the car forever and dont mind the tiny crack, file the insurance and pocket that extra money. Otherwise, be aware how it will affect your re-selling value later down the road once Carfax chalked it up.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
In case you didnt know, this will go into your carfax report as "minor accident" if you filed with the insurance. Something similar happened to my old Accord and i filed with the insurance. When i sold my car, the dealer used this to lowball my trade-in. Some private buyers also afraid of this on the report. If you willing to keep the car forever and dont mind the tiny crack, file the insurance and pocket that extra money. Otherwise, be aware how it will affect your re-selling value later down the road once Carfax chalked it up.
Thanks for the heads up. How hard did the lowball you? Have you lost a lot due to this fact?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up. How hard did the lowball you? Have you lost a lot due to this fact?
I ended up selling my car to a private buyer for 4.2k last month before buying the new Civic. Dealer offered me 1.5k, so i told them to suck it. Where in the US can you buy a one-owner 2007 V6 EX-L Accord Coupe with 116k miles for 1.5k?! My damage is similar to yours, a dented bumper with spider-webbing cracks. No damage to the frame whatsoever. To recall correctly, 2 insurance comps (mine and the guy's at fault) put it on the carfax, SEPARATELY.

Last edited:
OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I ended up selling my car to a private buyer for 4.2k. Dealer offerd me 1.5k, so i told them to suck it. Where in the US can you buy a one-owner 2007 V6 EX-L Accord Coupe with 116k miles for 1.5k?! My damage is similar to yours, a dented bumper with spider-webbing cracks. No damage to the frame whatsoever. To recall correctly, 2 insurance comps (mine and the guy's at fault) put it on the carfax, SEPARATELY.
thanks for the feedback mate. yeah, I wasn't really planning on getting rid of the car any soon. and I don't think there's any hidden damage since even the bumper isn't destroyed. what I hate the most about this whole deal is that if choose to fix it - I'll have to hand the car to the body shop. And I'm very OCD about the paint condition of the car (I did full paint correction and ceramic coated it few months ago, put a lot of hours in it) and the chances they will mess it up are very very high. Plus there's no guarantee they will match the paint...don't know. what a fawking morning

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks for the feedback mate. yeah, I wasn't really planning on getting rid of the car any soon. and I don't think there's any hidden damage since even the bumper isn't destroyed. what I hate the most about this whole deal is that if choose to fix it - I'll have to hand the car to the body shop. And I'm very OCD about the paint condition of the car (I did full paint correction and ceramic coated it few months ago, put a lot of hours in it) and the chances they will mess it up are very very high. Plus there's no guarantee they will match the paint...don't know. what a fawking morning
Sorry for the damage man. I understand what you meant very well. Just wished that I know about this carfax sh*t before filling it with my insurance. Wrapping is not a bad option to go. Since that part of the bumper is black, you can wrap it in gloss black and no one will know what has happened. I dont want to deal with re-painting since the color is never 100% match.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
I have been rear-ended three times in my long driving career. Every accident was about 10-15 mph (by the other driver while i was stopped) and every accident had unseen damage that I didn't realize until years later.

Including a twisted frame/subframe, torn rubber engine mounts and a cracked exhaust.

Get it checked VERY thoroughly underneath.

Last edited:

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I have been rear-ended three times in my long driving career. Every accident was about 10-15 mph (by the other driver while i was stopped) and every accident had unseen damage that I didn't realize until years later.

Including a twisted frame/subframe and a cracked exhaust.

I hear what you saying. but in my case I just don't see how any damage to steel components would be possible without destroying plastic ones before (which didn't happen). but yeah, who knows.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag

Including a twisted frame/subframe and a cracked exhaust.

I hear what you saying. but in my case I just don't see how any damage to steel components would be possible without destroying plastic ones before (which didn't happen). but yeah, who knows.