What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the comment. I read the same on these forums, my alarm randomly went off and keyless still works...did the error and everythint go away from your dash after it dried? Hoping once it dries it'll be fixed
Yeah, had tint done in the morning and when I got home the error popped up. Went to work the same day and after work, started the car and it was gone.
Sponsored

rangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
New Manicci floor mats. Also pulled the ECU to ship to Hondata so they can Jailbreak it to use with their FlashPro.

IMG_0267.JPG
Wow those are so beautiful, I wouldn't want to step on them

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E9F62E6C-5999-4A31-8959-180D2B414CA7 Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) DBBF98C3-AFA7-4E5A-9B5E-6C49B44208E0
Link to bulbs and I'm assuming no Hyper flash?
Was gonna ask the same thing. Please “enlighten” us.

Also, my Lamin-X film came in (sheet instead of pre-cut) and I installed them. They apply on and stick very well, but use a hairdryer that help with the curve.

Because of the thickness of the material, it would bunch up (and probably eventually peel) at the edges. So as an extra measure, I put an o-ring from a Prius oil filter housing around the edge of the light to keep the edge down. Not sure if it’ll work or for how long but it’s there. Any old rubber band will work, I just happened to have 2 of these.

Light output is nice and solid yellow. We’ll see how they do over time.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tinted it. Got a keyless start error after tho, looks like it may pass in a day after reading forums. I have window visors getting installed Friday and I ordered Optix smoked side markers which hopefully will arrive soon
20180410_154216.jpg
Wow, a tint shop that knows how to properly apply a windshield banner?! That's amazing.

When I had my windows tinted, the dumbf!*%() installer just laid the straight edge of the tint at the AS1 line and wrapped it. This made the middle of the window 4" and at each A-pillar about 16" down the windshield... looked dumb as shit. He's like "that's how everybody does it".

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, a tint shop that knows how to properly apply a windshield banner?! That's amazing.

When I had my windows tinted, the dumbf!*%() installer just laid the straight edge of the tint at the AS1 line and wrapped it. This made the middle of the window 4" and at each A-pillar about 16" down the windshield... looked dumb as shit. He's like "that's how everybody does it".
Lol mine is down more on the sides as well but I like the way it looks fits the curve of the windshield

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dropped the car off a few days back to get it's paint fixed from some... 'mysterious' scratches all over the passenger side. Oughta be able to pick it up today!

For now, the old lady is forced to drive the Odyssey and I'm bumming it in the twin turbo. I drive it so seldom as a needed DD now-a-days (never in the rain for fun), I forget how easy the Civic is to drive. It's been raining a lot... and a heavy clutch, double the power with no electronic aids (ie traction control) make for some attention getting takeoffs off the line. :drive:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dropped the car off a few days back to get it's paint fixed from some... 'mysterious' scratches all over the passenger side. Oughta be able to pick it up today!

For now, the old lady is forced to drive the Odyssey and I'm bumming it in the twin turbo. I drive it so seldom as a needed DD now-a-days (never in the rain for fun), I forget how easy the Civic is to drive. It's been raining a lot... and a heavy clutch, double the power with no electronic aids (ie traction control) make for some attention getting takeoffs off the line. :drive:
I hear ya dude... I get in my WRX and it just feels so rough these days. Before I bought the Civic I had a 2000 Mustang and my WRX felt like a BMW in comparison to that thing. These Civics just drive so darn nice.

That being said tho... the "mechanical" feeling you get driving older cars isn't replicated in any new cars these days. You feel so connected to everything. Steering, shifting, throttle, brakes... I love that driving experience.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Link to bulbs and I'm assuming no Hyper flash?
E9F62E6C-5999-4A31-8959-180D2B414CA7.jpeg DBBF98C3-AFA7-4E5A-9B5E-6C49B44208E0.jpeg
Was gonna ask the same thing. Please “enlighten” us.
My gf came back from her trip in China and brought this back and bunches of bulbs for the car as quality testing. We're thinking to start a store here in US that sells automotive LED bulbs soon. We're going again next month, let me know if y'all want some, i can bring them back. Probably i will try to find the switchback side markers for the car as well.
It syncs perfectly with all the turn signals on the car. No hyperflash from when looking from the outside of the car though when i turn it on, the indicator inside the dash flashes a bit faster than normal.
Also I installed the reverse bulbs as well yesterday. Here is the pic with the new bulbs in.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 358rin5

Last edited:

barch

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic hatch (sport) 6-speed
Country flag

Yeah he tried a straight line but our windows are curved sohe had to free hand it with masking tape to algin it. It's not 100% perfect to be honest if you look really closely but nothing noticable. Looks alot better than a straight line would lol.

Still got the keyless error tho. Noticed my lights on dash flickering too when I get in the car, guessing it's starting to dry out niw. It's nice and sunny here in BC's Okanagan today so hopefully it'll pass. I'll keep y'all posted.

*Edit* - error gone!
Sponsored

Last edited: