Wot at 3400 rpm is ok in every gear!
Sponsored

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
not saying the type R is prone to this, but i've read mazdaspeed3 forums where they've blown up simply from using cruise control on an inclined freeway. We've come a long way for turbos to be so common place, i would hope they have engineered out some of these weaknesses.

Personally/subjectively, my car feels best pulling above 3500. A question i ask myself, would an auto transmission downshift to do this pull? if so, then i might as well downshift too. You dont really hear about turbo equipped autos blowing, because well they downshift when they need to.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Wot at 3400 rpm is ok in every gear!
Unless you want faster accelleration in which case you would typically downshift from overdriven gears.... assuming you care enough to know your ratios

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Haha there is a real man on these forums!! Sorry maybe it’s just me since my other commuter is a 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale oh and also I’m a porsche certified technician. But hey what would I know about cars :dunno:
Don't listen to these guys C, specially the guy with 37 mpg...you know that guys doesn't even touch the gas peddle with that kind of mpg! Your dealer is already fixing you problem...so no big deal! there are real people on this forum that want to help and not talk shit!!

B3nji_Fc1

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys not sure if anyone else has come across a fuel pressure issue. I got a CEL that came on in a WOT 5th gear pull, fault that stored was P0087 Fuel pressure in rail too low. I cleared the fault and it didn’t come back and doesn’t seem to consistently do that. Looked thru some threads and didn’t see anything about fuel pressure. Am I the only that experienced this?? Thanks

Hey bro I’m having the same exact issue but it happens to me on 4th

I’m Im FBO 27won turbo and built motor/ idk if it’s low pressure fuel pump that’s going bad or maybe I have a bad fuel line, I was thinking of upgrading to a aem 340 fuel pump, but trying to figure out how to fix the issue

ExileAeterna

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP, any more problems after replacing the pump? Im having the same issues now with bolt ons and a tune. Honda said I've probably reached the limit of the pump (dumb considering im only about 380HP and 400TQ.) They wont warranty the part obviously because of the tune and parts. All three times I got this error was passing someone full throttle on a slight uphill in about 4th gear. RPMs were probably about 3-4k.

OP
OP
Raw 381

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey bro I’m having the same exact issue but it happens to me on 4th

I’m Im FBO 27won turbo and built motor/ idk if it’s low pressure fuel pump that’s going bad or maybe I have a bad fuel line, I was thinking of upgrading to a aem 340 fuel pump, but trying to figure out how to fix the issue

Since you’re deep in mods I’d go ahead and just replace your high pressure fuel pump. That’s most likely the issue

OP
OP
Raw 381

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
OP, any more problems after replacing the pump? Im having the same issues now with bolt ons and a tune. Honda said I've probably reached the limit of the pump (dumb considering im only about 380HP and 400TQ.) They wont warranty the part obviously because of the tune and parts. All three times I got this error was passing someone full throttle on a slight uphill in about 4th gear. RPMs were probably about 3-4k.

No this HPFP was replaced back then under warranty. Haven’t had an issue since, currently on custom tune running vp101 pump with 5 track days and about 6k miles in so far so good. I’m at 368whp and 361wtq which my tuner said is the safe limit. So if you’re popping HPFP’s at 400 then he was right lol
Sponsored