Fuel pressure issues?? CEL on

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Yup!! Shoulda got the Hellcat!!! Just FYI they say this car is track ready!!! Should be able to be floored in every gear including 6th all the way to redline... but I guess it is just a little Honda Civic :dunno: maybe the wheels might fall off lol
Low displacement turbo charged engine - relevant phenomenon regardless of the manufacturer. something to be aware of as it is quite destructive
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raw 381

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Low displacement turbo charged engine - relevant phenomenon regardless of the manufacturer. something to be aware of as it is quite destructive
Ok wait let me get this straight, flooring your car in 5th gear at 3000 RPM is destructive??? GTFOH!!!! It’s called driving the damn thing!!!!

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Ok wait let me get this straight, flooring your car in 5th gear at 3000 RPM is destructive??? GTFOH!!!! It’s called driving the damn thing!!!!
Do some google search reading on LSPI. Or give few more goes and learn the subject hard way. Not trying to be a smartass, just sharing info

OP
OP
Raw 381

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If Honda designed a car that has pre ingnition issues getting on the freeway in 5th gear at 60mph and 3400RPM then I’m getting rid of this piece of shit before the Warranty expires and getting a real car that can handle normal driving conditions... smart ass

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
If Honda designed a car that has pre ingnition issues getting on the freeway in 5th gear at 60mph and 3400RPM then I’m getting rid of this piece of shit before the Warranty expires and getting a real car that can handle normal driving conditions... smart ass
do yourself a favor good lad

OP
OP
Raw 381

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea wasn’t anywhere near 1500RPM and if you guys even driven a CTR wheels break loose in 3rd when flooring it above 3000RPM 4th gear is the first gear with full traction... trust me it’s meant to be floored in 5th at 3k rpm

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
You should never go full retard. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the car. Get the hellcat. You need a large displacement engine without a third pedal.

Overdriven ratios are not for low end grunt type accelleration. Even if you could justify doing so with a suitable built engine...a lower gear at a higher RPM would offer better throttle response and torque.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
You should never go full retard. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the car. Get the hellcat. You need a large displacement engine without a third pedal.

Overdriven ratios are not for low end grunt type accelleration. Even if you could justify doing so with a suitable built engine...a lower gear at a higher RPM would offer better throttle response and torque.
Or keep the car instead and grenade the engine one shiny sunny day. Great lesson learned for everyone out here on the forum. Folks would appreciate bahahha

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just drive your CTR the way you want to.
You had a rare type failure and it's being fixed under warranty.
The only danger in flooring a stock CTR in high gear is permanent facial deformity from grinning so much - well that and burning the tires off it.
Besides that, think of the $50k you saved not buying a Fiat!

OP
OP
Raw 381

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just drive your CTR the way you want to.
You had a rare type failure and it's being fixed under warranty.
The only danger in flooring a stock CTR in high gear is permanent facial deformity from grinning so much - well that and burning the tires off it.
Besides that, think of the $50k you saved not buying a Fiat!
Haha there is a real man on these forums!! Sorry maybe it’s just me since my other commuter is a 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale oh and also I’m a porsche certified technician. But hey what would I know about cars :dunno:

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
anyone that drives a ctr and is afraid to go wot in 5th at 3k revs needs to sell their R to me and go buy an auto camry. Ive torn apart and put together more cars than i can count. That is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
anyone that drives a ctr and is afraid to go wot in 5th at 3k revs needs to sell their R to me and go buy an auto camry. Ive torn apart and put together more cars than i can count. That is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.
Why isn't anyone performing dyno runs in 5th gear?

Edit... Actually 5th is not too far overdriven. I guess it is arguably closer to 1:1 than 4th. Have to imagine the rate of accelleration is still getter in 4th though.

Last edited:

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea wasn’t anywhere near 1500RPM and if you guys even driven a CTR wheels break loose in 3rd when flooring it above 3000RPM 4th gear is the first gear with full traction... trust me it’s meant to be floored in 5th at 3k rpm
I just posted it for general info. I've floored the car in every gear if I am in boost region (~3500 rpm) without any issues, if I'm a bit low in RPM's I downshift and smile.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Haha there is a real man on these forums!! Sorry maybe it’s just me since my other commuter is a 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale oh and also I’m a porsche certified technician. But hey what would I know about cars :dunno:
Back in the day my commuter was an '89 FJ 12 - still have it.
Sponsored