Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Are you having any fitment issues at all? What size tires did you go with?
And do you feel like there would be any issue with lowering about an inch or less on lowering springs with this setup?
Thanks!
you should have absolutely no issues on 18x9 +50s.
ppl including myself run a more aggressive offset and have zero issues.
Sponsored

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
So far the closest to oem I’ve seen available are the NSX front wheels that are 19x8.5 et 55 offset that helps you stay in stock class for Scca I believe.
Yes, and until Tire Rack just came out with an option this was it for those that had to comply with certain class rules. I have been touting this option for so long now that I can't remember, not only for the SCCA reason but that the wheel is just one of the best that you can use. @chi town brat has had these on her TypeR since the early days, she runs RE71R's exclusively on all of her racing vehicles and the NSX front wheel/71R combo has been a resounding success. She has placed first or second in most of her local events and did an absolutely awesome job at Dixie last weekend in a field stacked deep with national champions. With the TypeR it is important to maintain the relationship between the wheel offset and the geometry of the front suspension, they operate as a package.

I fully understand that alternative combos can be viable alternatives but you do have to consider the package as a whole. Make a significant change from stock in one area and be prepared to make significant changes in other areas to compensate. Most folks do not have the experience that is necessary to truly evaluate the changes they are making. It becomes subjective for a number of reasons, first and foremost, "I paid money for cool stuff and it must be better". I work with professional race car drivers on a daily basis, I test and race constantly, I have long had a hand in developing many race cars including the TypeR and I just hate to see people throwing money away unnecessarily. With this car you have one of the best platforms that has been readily available at a (comparatively) low price point to come around in a long time, it isn't magic. This thing just works, and it works well.

Having said that I also understand the significance of the aesthetic aspect, we all love a great looking, well balanced look on our vehicles. Just the right amount of fender clearance, just the right amount of ground clearance, just the right amount of rake... it goes on. It's still horses for courses and what works for one may not work for the other, just be aware that this particular car has succeeded in attaining an exceptionally effective geometry as designed.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
Whaaat? o_O
Are you sure? If that is correct they would compete against BBS FI-R and RI-D for a 35% of the BBSs price.
I have found on internet that 19x8 would weight 8.5kg...

lotushong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8/ lotus exige
Whaaat? o_O
Are you sure? If that is correct they would compete against BBS FI-R and RI-D for a 35% of the BBSs price.
Whaaat? o_O
Let me check

romiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1699, 2011 Honda CR-Z (sold recently), 2006 Scion xB, 1992 Mazda Miata (sold recently)
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide D706885F-5597-457B-A2F0-919D437F8640
Are you having any fitment issues at all? What size tires did you go with?
And do you feel like there would be any issue with lowering about an inch or less on lowering springs with this setup?
Thanks!
I do not have any issue at all with rubbing. In the other photos, I had 255/40 Continental DWS’, but am now running 255/35 Achilles 123S and am lowered 1.5” on Fortune Auto 510 Series coilovers. I tracked it last weekend with the new setup, and still have yet to rub. Hope this helps!
Sponsored

Last edited: