First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got back from some soccer stuff the night before last. Someone (and I live towards the end of a dead end road) decided they come in my driveway and scratch both passenger side doors and the rear quarter panel to shit.

Makes me sad. I had someone shoot out my side window on a Z31 I had (found divots and BBs that didn't go through my windshield) back in the 90s... but this is a new one on me.

Its sad that people can't have nice things. It's through the clear coat in a few spots... and through the paint in a few others... so respray I suppose it will have to be. I worked a few with some scratch remover but it's all for not. It's things like this where I have to remind myself that shitheads... even ones who encroach on me and mine... are still someone's children. Police report is filed... deductable is $500. Well see if it worth a claim or not.

Probably a dozen or more deep scratches... here a few fun pics for Ooos and Aaaahs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vandalism makes me sad in my pants. IMG_20180324_184423068
Honda Civic 10th gen Vandalism makes me sad in my pants. IMG_20180324_184403490
Honda Civic 10th gen Vandalism makes me sad in my pants. IMG_20180324_185011189

View attachment 89040

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Is that $500 the deductible on your comprehensive coverage? Vandalism should be covered there, same as a glass breakage or other things, so you might see if you have a lower deductible on that. I think mine is $100.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks! I'm sorry, someone's children or not, if I caught someone doing this, I'd be doing whatever I could to make sure they suffered somehow.
Why can't people just mind their own business and keep their hands off of stuff that doesn't belong to them?!

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope... $500. Had that deductable value for at least the last ~20 years.

I might lower it... but in all that time, the money saved could paint the car several times over.

Right now... I'm just looking at a few camera setups. I keep my Z in the garage and the Odyssey, Civic and F-150 are outside.

Wish I could get one if these... but would energize the outside...

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Wow, sorry to hear it. My collision deductible is $500+, but when I last went over policy info with my agent, and asked if I should raise the comprehensive it was a negligible difference so I didn't. So sad. I don't know what is going on in this crazy world, seems the increase of senseless, unrespecting and antisocial behavior is increasing by leaps and bounds faster than I remember it previously, but what do I know, I haven't lived forever to see it all.

Anyway, I hope you are able to find a way to get this sorted out and restore the natural beauty. It wouldn't help, but I would probably invest in a camera trained on the car with motion detection recording and SD card storage or cloud upload. But that's just me. :) Still, unless you can recognize them and pursue it somehow, I don't think it will matter much to the police, I doubt they actively pursue anything in these cases.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good call. It won't help me this time around... but at our age and with our history... it adds $30 ever 6 months for the Odyssey and Civic to go from $500 to $100. When I was younger and paying 2-3x a month for just one car at state minimums... it was a huge difference.

Well... I'm going to get a couple cameras and cross my fingers it was a one off. If I can get another ~20 years w/o a car touched, I'll be doing ok. If not and it's a neighborhood kid, I'll catch them on tape and press charges to get my $$$ back for a subsequent claim.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for you Charles

There is a thread with name of products how to fix scratches . I don't know if it can help you .

I found that with Google ;
https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Scratches-from-Car
Yeah... I appreciate it. It's going to require reapplying clear coat and sanding/polishing on most and reapplying paint and clear coat and sanding/polishing on a couple. I'm not confident in my own ability to make it like it never happened. I bought a camera that'll watch my driveway and will pay the Piper to make my 6 month old car not look like trash. Such is life.

I was actually going to get my Z totally repainted this year... so now this forces my hand to get out there and find a paint shop, I suppose.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Sorry to see that man. A half decent camera system is worth the investment. We've had ours for a few years now and I think it ran about 500 new. 4 wireless cameras with the dvr and a cheap screen. I have 2 on the cars, 2 in front of the house with one facing the road and other the front gate. Nothing fancy, they are plugged into the outlets out front and outlet in the garage through the door crack opening. Took me like 2 hours. I also keep my 4 carport flood lights on over the cars at night. I've really considered buying new for better quality but I think with all my angles I should be able to get a face or plate if anything happens. If you don't wanna pay for having lights on all night, those led solar motion lights you can get on ebay and amazon are actually pretty amazing.

Hope you get it fixed and it doesn't happen again.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks man. The world is only getting more full of shitty people.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to see that man. A half decent camera system is worth the investment. We've had ours for a few years now and I think it ran about 500 new. 4 wireless cameras with the dvr and a cheap screen. I have 2 on the cars, 2 in front of the house with one facing the road and other the front gate. Nothing fancy, they are plugged into the outlets out front and outlet in the garage through the door crack opening. Took me like 2 hours. I also keep my 4 carport flood lights on over the cars at night. I've really considered buying new for better quality but I think with all my angles I should be able to get a face or plate if anything happens. If you don't wanna pay for having lights on all night, those led solar motion lights you can get on ebay and amazon are actually pretty amazing.

Hope you get it fixed and it doesn't happen again.
Yeah... it happened in broad daylight. I bet it was one of the under 10 year old neighborhood kids. Heck, counting us there's 12 kids under the age of 10 if you go 2 houses down on either side of the road. I'll get it fixed and be able to catch them in the act. I'm the one guy with a big driveway... basketball net... Zipline... swings... so I guess I'm asking for it in a way. There's generally a lot of kids around... and it's not unusual for kids to be around when I'm gone.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Aww man this sucks. Sorry it happened to you and I hope they catch the jerk that did it. You're right about not being able to have nice things. When I'm out on the street, to avoid door dings, I try to park my car at the farthest space and hog the parking space line that's away from other cars. But other drivers, whether by lack of awareness or malice, I guess see it as an invite to park even closer to my car by parking over the other line of my parking space, thus negating the cushion I created for my car. So irritating.

Could it have been a wild animal? Like a racoon or the like?

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Nope... $500. Had that deductable value for at least the last ~20 years.

I might lower it... but in all that time, the money saved could paint the car several times over.

Right now... I'm just looking at a few camera setups. I keep my Z in the garage and the Odyssey, Civic and F-150 are outside.

Wish I could get one if these... but would energize the outside...

Almost seems like the same people that made this... could you imagine the impending lawsuits if this ever made it to the market...

... So apparently THIS is legal in South Africa, it's not the exact same in terms of for combating hijackers and for self defense, what I remembered is that it was supposed to go off when someone tried to break into your car...

Sponsored