Need help with Ktuner

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB 1.5 Sport CVT
Hello all,

I am now on the progress of a tune with Vittuned and I purchased a Ktuner V2 for this purpose. On the way of the calibration progress, Vittuned informed me about that I am not flashing the calibrations they've sent to me properly since we really do not see a boost any more than 7psi.

What I do is, I use the open tune option on Ktuner software, select the calibration file they sent to me and then use the upload base code option to upload the calibration onto the unit, then I go to the car and flash it. Can you please help me about what I am doing wrong? Thank you very much in advance.
Sponsored

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Hello all,

I am now on the progress of a tune with Vittuned and I purchased a Ktuner V2 for this purpose. On the way of the calibration progress, Vittuned informed me about that I am not flashing the calibrations they've sent to me properly since we really do not see a boost any more than 7psi.

What I do is, I use the open tune option on Ktuner software, select the calibration file they sent to me and then use the upload base code option to upload the calibration onto the unit, then I go to the car and flash it. Can you please help me about what I am doing wrong? Thank you very much in advance.
What are you doing to flash the calibration on the car? If you elaborate, somebody should be able to help.

OP
OP

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are you doing to flash the calibration on the car? If you elaborate, somebody should be able to help.
Thank you very much for your reply. I made two unlisted short youtube vids for that.

I am pretty sure that I am doing something wrong in the process of uploading the calibration onto the device. Because, I am flashing the factory tune onto the ECU exactly the same way as I do in the 2nd video and it just works fine. However, I cannot get those VitTuned calibrations right.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Thank you very much for your reply. I made two unlisted short youtube vids for that.

I am pretty sure that I am doing something wrong in the process of uploading the calibration onto the device. Because, I am flashing the factory tune onto the ECU exactly the same way as I do in the 2nd video and it just works fine. However, I cannot get those VitTuned calibrations right.
Can you check in KTuner under Tools > Reflash Info what your ECU software number is? Then create a new tune using one of the base maps by choosing the same software number, flash this tune and see if it works . If not, you probably need to contact JR at KTuner for help.

I assume you are keying the car off and on after pausing appropriately (relay will click) after the flashing .

OP
OP

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you check in KTuner under Tools > Reflash Info what your ECU software number is? Then create a new tune using one of the base maps by choosing the same software number, flash this tune and see if it works . If not, you probably need to contact JR at KTuner for help.

I assume you are keying the car off and on after pausing appropriately (relay will click) after the flashing .
I do the key off and on as instructed by the device. I did not really get what you are trying to say, but if you are mentioning about flashing one of the ready tunes which come with the unit, I did that and it just worked fine.

Do you think that the way I flash the pre-formed calibrations (by someone else) into the car is correct?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do the key off and on as instructed by the device. I did not really get what you are trying to say, but if you are mentioning about flashing one of the ready tunes which come with the unit, I did that and it just worked fine.

Do you think that the way I flash the pre-formed calibrations (by someone else) into the car is correct?
Everything looks good to me. If you haven't already, reach out to Ktuner directly at [email protected]

OP
OP

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem is still not resolved. Now, I am asking for help explicitly: Is there anybody, who already has a Vittuned custom tune for his Civic 1.5 T CVT and is willing to help me via DM?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
this is something you have to talk to vit or ktuner directly since its a custom calibration

does one of the stage basemap work fine?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
this is something you have to talk to vit or ktuner directly since its a custom calibration

does one of the stage basemap work fine?
He's right.

And if you have the same issue on a KTuner tune include a datalog and a copy of the tune file. For any custom tune you'll need to work with the tuner directly.

OP
OP

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, he refuses to help and insists that I cannot flash the calibrations and / or cannot do a WOT run properly. All I am trying to do is, before an initiating a forum war against him, to make sure that it is not my fault.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, he refuses to help and insists that I cannot flash the calibrations and / or cannot do a WOT run properly. All I am trying to do is, before an initiating a forum war against him, to make sure that it is not my fault.
Are you doing the WOT runs correctly? It means throttle to the floor and keep it there until you reach the desired speed. You obviously can't do this if the road is busy etc so you will have to take that into account.

There are loads of members here who have Vit custom tunes, including myself. Haven't seen anybody else with the same issue.

OP
OP

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you doing the WOT runs correctly? It means throttle to the floor and keep it there until you reach the desired speed. You obviously can't do this if the road is busy etc so you will have to take that into account.

There are loads of members here who have Vit custom tunes, including myself. Haven't seen anybody else with the same issue.
Of course I am doing it. There is no problem when using a ready Ktuner calibration, I get the full boost but not when custom Vittuned calibration.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course I am doing it. There is no problem when using a ready Ktuner calibration, I get the full boost but not when custom Vittuned calibration.
your datalogs tell a story, if you aren't WOT the whole time it will show fluctuations in the throttle position sensor. he isn't telling you something as a lie. As for full boost, my first calibrations with him the boost was turned down to get some baseline WOT pulls in. Each successive calibration the boost picked up more an more.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can post your logs in a zip file here if you'd like them reviewed.
Sponsored