Full race intercooler for civic type r fk8

Fastrax04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I sent Geoff a link to this thread. I asked that he or his staff chime in on fitment issues

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
Iwill post fitment pics this weekend as i will be installing mine this weekend

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not backing down. My order will stay in place. I intend to make it work.

Edit: Not to mention, I’m already talking plenty with Full Race on this and have a pretty good idea of what the install is going to be like. If @CivicR316 doesn’t post it up, I’ll do a step by step DIY for the install.
i am doing mine this weekend i will have pics up!!!!

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ill also post dyno numbers soon as my flash pro gets to me and will be having king motorsports tune it so will see what it dose, PRL to me is nothing more then a stock intercooler especially for my needs and plans !!!
interested to see how much boost is lost through a core this size, and real dyno numbers. the turbo is far to small to make use of a core of this size.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ill also post dyno numbers soon as my flash pro gets to me and will be having king motorsports tune it so will see what it dose, PRL to me is nothing more then a stock intercooler especially for my needs and plans !!!
hopefully your plans include some engine internals, as well as either a custom port injection setup or higherflowing high pressure direct injection pump which starts around $2500

Fastrax04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
So I heard back from Geoff. He would like to address all your concerns, but he was banned the first day he registered on this forum. He is allowed to view posts, but cannot comment. Full Race has over 40 kits sold, installed, with no issues.

To the OP, I would reach out to Geoff. I've purchased products from him for years and have always found him to be super helpful. Full Race is one of the few companies in this game that really cares about their customers and the products they put out.

pivit90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 17, RS 16, Evo X 15
Country flag
i have a focus rs and a type r ... and i have to say that they have the same fitment issues with most of their products over on the RS.

i would stay away, PRL is awesome it will be more than enough for 90% of the people.

OP
OP
tunerguy13

tunerguy13

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
So I heard back from Geoff. He would like to address all your concerns, but he was banned the first day he registered on this forum. He is allowed to view posts, but cannot comment. Full Race has over 40 kits sold, installed, with no issues.

To the OP, I would reach out to Geoff. I've purchased products from him for years and have always found him to be super helpful. Full Race is one of the few companies in this game that really cares about their customers and the products they put out.
I have to disagree with you they were not helpful at all when I try to talk to them about the fitment issues I was having with their intercooler to me full race is out the game PRL is the way to go

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
hopefully your plans include some engine internals, as well as either a custom port injection setup or higherflowing high pressure direct injection pump which starts around $2500
Ya i got more plans then that

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Full race has always been good to me and said if i have any issues to let them know and they will take care of it i am not going to listen to 2 people on hear, post opinions, because all i keep reading from them is PRL so to me seems like there are some differences hear i am not a fan of haters!!!! this post is about fitment of a full race intercooler, not to knock companies down or promote. One guy out of 40+ has a fitment issues, witch hacked up his pipes to try to get it to work, if any honda tech would hack my pipes up he prob wouldn't have a job no more or would need more schooling one of the two, I could care less how your PRL fits so please keep the post to and about full race thank you!!!

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Full race has always been good to me and said if i have any issues to let them know and they will take care of it i am not going to listen to 2 people on hear, post opinions, because all i keep reading from them is PRL so to me seems like there are some differences hear i am not a fan of haters!!!! this post is about fitment of a full race intercooler, not to knock companies down or promote. One guy out of 40+ has a fitment issues, witch hacked up his pipes to try to get it to work, if any honda tech would hack my pipes up he prob wouldn't have a job no more or would need more schooling one of the two, I could care less how your PRL fits so please keep the post to and about full race thank you!!!
If they have over 40 sold and installed on the CTR then where are those people, all 40 of them must not care at all about Facebook groups or forums.....lol
Sponsored