Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
So we've been working on some things lately for the 1.5L Turbo platform... Yes, this will fit both the Si and Non-Si chassis. :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone has missed it, we recently performed a Type-R turbo swap on our shop's Civic Si for R&D purposes with @KTuner and @VitViper. You can read about this swap and our findings HERE!

Our goal is to offer a bolt-on, no cutting required, 550+ whp capable turbo kit, and plan to test the limits of the stock L15B7 engine along the way. Yes, 550+ whp will require upgraded engine internals for longevity. However, we expect to find a reliable power level between 300-400 whp that stock internal engines can handle. This larger turbo will shift the torque/powerband to the right, aiding in reliability for the stock internals.

Here's a sneak peak with we've come up with so far, but we can't let the entire cat out of the bag yet! Stay tuned! ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit ggpfjnmlglddjkpf_zpsmsiakf9o
Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you guys think this kit will be released this year?

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
I'm pretty sure they are looking to release it soon within the next 2-3 months if no issues arise in their development I certainly cannot wait and will be jumping on board when its released with hopefully some introductory pricing! :)

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Are you planning on using Garret turbos? Or that was just the cad model you had on hand to start tinkering?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I'm pretty sure they are looking to release it soon within the next 2-3 months if no issues arise in their development I certainly cannot wait and will be jumping on board when its released with hopefully some introductory pricing! :)
Are you planning on using Garret turbos? Or that was just the cad model you had on hand to start tinkering?
The plan is to have a kit available by summer. We will keep you guys posted with information as quickly as we can!

A line of Garrett turbos will be used, though that is all that can be said for now.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
A line of Garrett turbos will be used, though that is all that can be said for now.
Hey, I'm more than happy with that. I still prefer Garretts over the BW/EFR craze that everyone seems to be on these days! :) (at least in the Evo X world, I could be the ignorant one)

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Do kits such as this usually run between $2K and 3K? I'll start saving my pennies now!

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Do kits such as this usually run between $2K and 3K? I'll start saving my pennies now!
3K -4K + depends on the options you choose. Also depends if you already have the intercooler and intake and front pipe.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3K -4K + depends on the options you choose. Also depends if you already have the intercooler and intake and front pipe.
i dont have a intercooler or anything else on mine yet sadly but with what they plan with this turbo what intercooler be the best choice to look into?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i dont have a intercooler or anything else on mine yet sadly but with what they plan with this turbo what intercooler be the best choice to look into?
Obviously you should go with PRL Intercooler with their turbo kit. I am going with soon be be Greddy intercooler with their own turbo kit.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The limits of the CVT have been exposed already on the stock turbo. No way it will handle this one. 6MT owners will need to upgrade the clutch for sure.
CVT will go
So we've been working on some things lately for the 1.5L Turbo platform... Yes, this will fit both the Si and Non-Si chassis. :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone has missed it, we recently performed a Type-R turbo swap on our shop's Civic Si for R&D purposes with @KTuner and @VitViper. You can read about this swap and our findings HERE!

Our goal is to offer a bolt-on, no cutting required, 550+ whp capable turbo kit, and plan to test the limits of the stock L15B7 engine along the way. Yes, 550+ whp will require upgraded engine internals for longevity. However, we expect to find a reliable power level between 300-400 whp that stock internal engines can handle. This larger turbo will shift the torque/powerband to the right, aiding in reliability for the stock internals.

Here's a sneak peak with we've come up with so far, but we can't let the entire cat out of the bag yet! Stay tuned! ;)

ggpfjnmlglddjkpf_zpsmsiakf9o.jpg
Carb Legal for us Cali guys? No big deal for me if it isn't as I could easily swap back on forth.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Obviously you should go with PRL Intercooler with their turbo kit. I am going with soon be be Greddy intercooler with their own turbo kit.
but will the one they have offer now be able to hook up to this? hate to buy a upgrade that wont allow future upgrades

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
but will the one they have offer now be able to hook up to this? hate to buy a upgrade that wont allow future upgrades
You need PRL's Frontpipe, Intercooler, and Cobra CAI for this turbo kit to work. You will not need the PRL downpipe as they are making a different one for the kit.
Sponsored