Requested Channel Not Available (SiriusXM)

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I am having this come up on my SiriusXM source for the past few days. Everything works, but when I change channels, using the presets, this pops up then goes away after about ten seconds. I checked with SiriusXM, and my account is fine. Have turned the system on/off and still has not fixed issue. It's just an annoyance, but would like to get it back to not showing the message. Anyone else have this issue?

Honda Civic 10th gen Requested Channel Not Available (SiriusXM) IMG_8124.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Awesome, I searched and couldn't find a thread, so thank you.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Android is not ready for prime time. I haven't had this issue, as I didn't continue on with Sirius...but I'll have my phone connected, and apple car play is going...and my display will say 'No device connected' even though it's playing...FROM the device. It also locks up several times a week and then spazzes out until it finally reboots... Also trying to figure out why connecting to HondaLink (which is semi worthless anyway) while in motion is disabled, but if you're already connected...you can view all of the different pieces while moving. This "info-tainment" system leaves a LOT to be desired. Feature-wise it's great...functionality-wise...notsomuch.

Dbrini

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Def not a coincidence that I have had this exact problem over the last few days...I can probably connect it to the day I upgraded my iPhone X to the latest update. But yes, I have the same message in Sirius and the "Connected Device Not Responding" even while connected. Do you have an iPhone?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Funny thing this began on my Si a couple of days ago, and on my fiancee's 2018 CR-V on Friday

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
UPDATE: I followed the link given, tried it, and it’s back to normal. For how long it will stay working, I’m not sure. But no longer showing that message.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Ive got it on my 18 Si also. iPhone 8 is what I use. It's annoying.... Makes no difference if phone is connected or not

Last edited:

newsi

First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda Si
Country flag
does anyone know if sirius xm can be removed from the scan? currently the up/down arrow goes through am fm android auto and sirius. my free trial is over and i dont have sirius and want to get it off the scan

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Def not a coincidence that I have had this exact problem over the last few days...I can probably connect it to the day I upgraded my iPhone X to the latest update. But yes, I have the same message in Sirius and the "Connected Device Not Responding" even while connected. Do you have an iPhone?
I have an iPhone 7...yep...

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this happen on my ext 16 just last week. It was like that for a few days, then went back to normal. I figured it was SXM problem. With it all happening around the same time as others, I bet it was SXM.

bmidd31

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Pilot EX-L
Started on my Si ~2/26 and is still going on. Pandora via bluetooth this AM was on the fritz and I also notice this AM all my FM preset are gone. Car is just over a week old and no work has been done by me or the dealer. Can Honda update our units over the air?

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I'm definitely replacing the head unit once iData Link comes out with a dongle that will talk to the Civic's computer. Can't wait for that day to happen. The factory HU is a POS.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Can Honda update our units over the air?
Even though it may be technically possible, Honda doesn't allow end users to perform updates on older systems like we have.

The newer system such as the one in the 2018 Odyssey and Accord allows for updates over Wi-Fi or USB.

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Odyssey/features/system-updates
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Accord-Sedan/features/System-Updates

The only thing we can update is maps on models equipped with navigation.

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I'm definitely replacing the head unit once iData Link comes out with a dongle that will talk to the Civic's computer. Can't wait for that day to happen. The factory HU is a POS.
Totally agree, I just checked for a client this morning on the Maestro interface and still nothing released. Really wants to do a new Alpine iLX-F309 in it. Would look and perform much better then factory once idatalink has the module.
Sponsored