Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread

First Name
Kenji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
@Civichatch2018 it's alright. I would rate it 6/10 in the snow and 7/10 for overall performance. I expected the tires to perform a little better in the snow. A lot of traction issues for me, not sure if it's the low-end torque that is causing it or cold tires/weather. I am definitely gentle with throttle and sometimes would spin the tires on semi-pack snow under 15mph.
Icic. My initial plan to get snow tires right away was the correct one. Thx bro
Sponsored

Ramone179

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 Hatchback Sport
First black car. Definitely wasn't my first color choice but, once I saw it in person I was AMAZED by how good it looked. Looking forward to keeping it clean...

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread IMG_4293

dansi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Picked up my first Honda last week. First choice was the Modern Steel Metallic until I saw this (recently cleaned) one in person.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread E29B6AC7-8BBB-40AB-B260-72C0332606AC

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
2018 Hatchback Sport
First black car. Definitely wasn't my first color choice but, once I saw it in person I was AMAZED by how good it looked. Looking forward to keeping it clean...

IMG_4293.jpg
I'm jealous that you were able to get the all black interior. I got stuck settling for Ivory/black

Ramone179

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm jealous that you were able to get the all black interior. I got stuck settling for Ivory/black
I got lucky for sure. I only saw one with the Ivory/Black and I definitely liked it better in person than pictures, though!
There were only 3 in the Minneapolis area when I was looking. You either have to settle somewhat or gamble and wait it out.
I told them I was more than happy to take the black...call me when you get a TypeR!

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Loved the Black and wanted the ivory interior,but in hindsight ,wish I had gone with lunar silver. Just can't keep the black looking good for longer than a day :(
Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread IMG_20170715_140859

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Picked it up last night.
My first Honda, and I'm glad I got it. :headbang:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread car 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread car 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread car 1

18Si_Croz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to the advice in this thread and others from forum. I used meguiars detail kit as well as spotless wash. Noticed pollen next day but using the california duster seems to work just fine.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread 20180304_170511

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Currently have a red, but it feels a bit juvenile. I love it, but I also really like the black. It's very sleek and professional, while still being beautiful to look at.

Thinking of changing colors with the 2019 refresh. The only thing holding me back is all the horror stories about how hard black paint is to maintain.

Is it really as bad as they claim? Is it a big time investment to keep looking nice?
Sponsored