2017 Si muffler delete + Injen CAI on-car video

Aldoraine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just thought I'd share a quick video I took of how the muffler delete sounds from the back of the car while driving, and the Injen CAI from inside the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aldoraine

Aldoraine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sorry that sounds pretty fartcan imo
Yeah not 100% sure how I feel about it yet. I like the pops / crackles between shifts, but it's tough to make a honda 1.5L sound decent. Debating on returning to stock and trying out the "gundo-mod" for a little more noise without sounding terrible.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I was thinking about doing this but there is just something about hacking off the mufflers and making a brand new civic sound like the 90's ricer shitboxes I see around town, I just can't do it. I'll wait for a real exhaust upgrade instead.

OP
OP
Aldoraine

Aldoraine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The car just lost half its value. hahaha

Dude what have you done !!!!
Honestly, it's easily put back together. I had the exhaust shop remove the whole assembly in 1 piece, incase I hated the muffler delete and wanted to go back to stock. I'm still unsure if I like it enough to keep it or not. I'll probably do the "Gundo" or "UK" mod to the stock mufflers, and try that next.

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
I still don't see why people call this a "mod" , it's a hack job. Hack the stock exhaust to sound like poop. Sorry, I'll just never understand this trend.

dr.jamzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 2019
Country flag
Yeah not 100% sure how I feel about it yet. I like the pops / crackles between shifts, but it's tough to make a honda 1.5L sound decent. Debating on returning to stock and trying out the "gundo-mod" for a little more noise without sounding terrible.
What is this “gundo-mod” you speak of?

abesukka

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah I'd also like to know what the "gundo-mod" is

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Civic SI RV6 Catless DP, KTuner V2 not used yet, and Injen CAI. I have other videos too

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
I still don't see why people call this a "mod" , it's a hack job. Hack the stock exhaust to sound like poop. Sorry, I'll just never understand this trend.

Look up the UK Mod in the S2000 world, I think I will be doing this instead of teh Resonator delete, if it's not loud enough will delete the resonator as I just got my stainless pipe in Saturday lol.

I think I'll go buy a piece of aluminium 1.5" and do this, the question is how to explain to my wife why I have to drop my whole exhaust to cut holes in it then patch it with new pipe lol. I think it will wait a few weeks make all the measurements then head to my buddies house "to help him with his exhaust" but just go do my own as he has a much better welder than I do:) I already have the high temp paint I would cover it with after doing so not that concerned in florida with aluminized pipe especially such a small amount, in reality I have everything but the 7.99 pipe so I'm 99.9% sure I'll do this ASAP but that's sadly a few weeks away at the earliest!

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Ouch... honestly sounds so bad. Hopefully you can weld the original exhaust back on easily. I would have the worst headache and honestly feel embarrassed driving around like that. The 1.5T just isn't the right engine for a louder exhaust note.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I prefer stock sound on the Si because the Si isn't what it use to be. The Si no longer has 50hp gain over the regular civic. Si means sporty look with little 5-10% increase in power. Technically a stock EXT cvt is as fast in a 1/4mile on regular fuel and 17" stock road tires. Its just sad so best mod for the Si is Ktuner or Flashpro and leave it alone. Maybe tint your windows or typeR H emblems.. but trying to make is sound ricy isn't good

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
The interior, tech features, sport mode, suspension, heated seats and mirrors....OH and the seats.......LOL, that's what sold me and to go today to trade in my Sport HB for an Si coupe.....should have just waited for the Si when I traded in my 15 Si coupe.....live and learn