1.5T Hasport 62A Rear Motor Mount Impressions

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally took the time to install the Hasport 62A rear mount. I will admit that I only bought this mount so I would have time to take my OEM Mount out and WindowWeld it. Having previously owned the Boomba rear motor mount, I was terrified of what I would experience after installing another aftermarket mount.

To my surprise, the noise, vibration, and harshness from the Hasport 62A mount is not bad at all compared to the Boomba mount. NVH is definitely present, but is only bad when starting from a dead stop and I bet it would not be as bad if I still had the stock clutch paired with my 6MT. I don't have any experience with the CVT but that may smooth out things even more. This does not mean that it's as smooth and quiet as stock, but I would consider it bearable if you are someone that uses the car as a daily driver but wants to be ready for the track, much unlike the Boomba mount. (I'd go as far to say that the Boomba mount is not suitable for street driving, way too much NVH.)

I will admit that I did not test much for wheelhop, ect. I did not experience any. I think we already know the aftermarket mounts take care of that, but many still wonder if the NVH is too harsh or not.

That being said, I still intend to WindowWeld my OEM mount and re-install it. One of the main reasons I bought this car was to have something a little more tame than my previous ride. Added NVH of any level is not something I'm looking for.
Sponsored

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
I was about buy the Hasport 70A ... but it seems like I should just stick with the Hasport 62A mount ... thanks for your input.. I don’t want too much harshness

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Let us know how it compares direcdtly to the window weld stock! I will be buying either th 62A or 70A but I drive a ton so may just do window weld for a while - I just want to help reduce the hop at the track, it is Horrible currently! 17 Si FYI

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let us know how it compares direcdtly to the window weld stock! I will be buying either th 62A or 70A but I drive a ton so may just do window weld for a while - I just want to help reduce the hop at the track, it is Horrible currently! 17 Si FYI
You could just swap it out when you go to track if its too harsh, I was able to swap it out in only 20 minutes total time.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I’m debating the same thing. I want to feel a difference, but don’t know how much NVH I am willing to deal with. Whatever you decide I would be interested to hear your opinions

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I have the 62a and I think it’s prefect after it’s broken in. First few hundred miles it’s noticeable with stop and go, slightly with idle. But like I said after break in, it’s prefect, keeps the motor more in place during acceleration, helps with keeping the front pipe and downpipe from cracking. Also helps eliminate wheel hop.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I have the 62a and I think it’s prefect after it’s broken in. First few hundred miles it’s noticeable with stop and go, slightly with idle. But like I said after break in, it’s prefect, keeps the motor more in place during acceleration, helps with keeping the front pipe and downpipe from cracking. Also helps eliminate wheel hop.
You have the hasport 62a rear mount installed on your Si? I'm looking everywhere online for one for the Si, but the ones i find only say the fit the 2016+Civic all trims except the SI. Any help will be appreciated, thanks

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have the hasport 62a rear mount installed on your Si? I'm looking everywhere online for one for the Si, but the ones i find only say the fit the 2016+Civic all trims except the SI. Any help will be appreciated, thanks
I can confirm the SI has the same motor mount as the lesser trims, not sure about the 2.0L engine but all the 1.5L Turbo motors have the same motor mounts on the civic.

brianathasport

Hasport Dude
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 88 CRX, 94 Civic Hatch, 04 RSX, 06 Ridgeline, 11 CRZ, multiple Insights
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm the SI has the same motor mount as the lesser trims, not sure about the 2.0L engine but all the 1.5L Turbo motors have the same motor mounts on the civic.
It's the same, 1.5, 2.0, CVT, automatic, manual and Type R.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
It's the same, 1.5, 2.0, CVT, automatic, manual and Type R.
I guess it always could just be a case of construction/hardness that seperates them and eye to eye length are the same as well as the bushing sleeve widths but Honda definitely has 2 different part numbers. One covers all CVT, other covers all MT (even Si but never bother looking at CTR). They look WAY different and one cost 2.5x as much as the other.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
@360glitch have you considered using PL poly for Windows, doors blah blah instead of window weld? Life span is supposed to be equal or greater and the harshness is lower than the window weld.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@360glitch have you considered using PL poly for Windows, doors blah blah instead of window weld? Life span is supposed to be equal or greater and the harshness is lower than the window weld.
Already used the Window Weld. No complaints so far. No noticeable increase in NVH over stock.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, probably because it's not a very large mount. We used to fill the b series mounts with that stuff and it made a huge difference to the nvh then found that PL was more subtle, yet almost of equal hardness. I may spring for the window weld myself now. Thanks for the update

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Already used the Window Weld. No complaints so far. No noticeable increase in NVH over stock.
so the WW stocker is has less NVH than the 62a?
Sponsored