Country flag
Welcome!! I got mine over at Katy as well nice dealership
Sponsored

mitchisawesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-Sensing
Yeah they gave me a hard time at the beginning and then my friend messaged me on FB asking if I wanted him to get one of the sales managers to speak with me about the price, and then boom I got the deal I wanted no questions asked. I also gave them $400 for 5 years of oil changes since I'm not really a car guy myself and really enjoyed the lifetime oil changes I got on my last Civic I bought there. I only had a base LX model on the 2010 Civic, so this is quite the upgrade in terms of technology and look of the car. The moon roof is sick and I actually love these 17 inch wheels on here.

Last edited:

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@brun do you work in Sugar Land? I saw a blue CTR parked over by the mall/hosptial. There may be a chance I work with one of your friends who knows someone with a blue CTR. Mine is black and just happened to see another black one with dealer plates parked in my parking lot today. More CTRs finally showing up in Houston.

brun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 ABM CTR #358, '01 2JZ-GTE IS300, '08 TW FA5, '15 WDP MDX SH-AWD ENT
Country flag
@brun do you work in Sugar Land? I saw a blue CTR parked over by the mall/hosptial. There may be a chance I work with one of your friends who knows someone with a blue CTR. Mine is black and just happened to see another black one with dealer plates parked in my parking lot today. More CTRs finally showing up in Houston.
yes sir thats mine, I work at the hospital. you work in SL?

Last edited:

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes sir thats mine, I work at the hopstial. you work in SL?
Yes. I work at Nalco Champion by the sugar mill. Do you happen to know a Michelle that works at Nalco?

brun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. I work at Nalco Champion by the sugar mill. Do you happen to know a Michelle that works at Nalco?
No, does she know me? I met the other guy with the black type r works in my area

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, does she know me? I met the other guy with the black type r works in my area
She said she has a friend with a blue Type R that is a medical resident in Houston. Regardless I now know of 3 Type R owners in the sugar land area. All the other owners I know of in Houston seem live on the North West side. Sounds like we need to have a Type R meet up at Flying Saucer after work some day.

There is a really nice car meet similar to Cars and Coffee in Cinco Ranch on the third Saturday of every month if y'all are interested in joining me some month. It's called ride and shine.

brun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
She said she has a friend with a blue Type R that is a medical resident in Houston. Regardless I now know of 3 Type R owners in the sugar land area. All the other owners I know of in Houston seem live on the North West side. Sounds like we need to have a Type R meet up at Flying Saucer after work some day.

There is a really nice car meet similar to Cars and Coffee in Cinco Ranch on the third Saturday of every month if y'all are interested in joining me some month. It's called ride and shine.
sure, I would be down for the cars and coffee. So I guess the next one would be on the 20th right?

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sure, I would be down for the cars and coffee. So I guess the next one would be on the 20th right?
Summary below:

Ride n Shine:
When: 3rd Saturday of each month
Where: La Centerra in Cinco Ranch
Info: Parking starts ~7:30am; event goes from 8am - 10am. The staff guides the cars to park in specific areas.
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/houstonridenshine/

It's much smaller than the Cars and Coffee over at Memorial City, but I think it's ran better; staff does a great job. Perhaps I'm just at the age where I prefer smaller scenes. Still plenty of super cars, American muscle and imports, but lacking in JDM cars (other than the group of GTRs). Would be cool to see some more show up.

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
You got the one from BIG STAR?! Nice!

Congrats, I was looking at the CW but..
Congrats!
Steve Fountain was my sellie at Big star. South Houston! some might say Edgebrook area. went to school at UH but never stayed out that way, just where I bought my whip and slab and stuff.

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
CTR #358 here.

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_4053.JPG
brun bruh, I live in Richie rich mond and my big sis in sugarland. big money, not me but still stay out there. love your car, it looks expertly made. love love love it. wish I had one. I have a gray 'garden variety' civic found in produce dept.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey @brun did I see your Blue CTR this morning on University heading toward 59? I was heading the opposite direction.

brun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey @brun did I see your Blue CTR this morning on University heading toward 59? I was heading the opposite direction.
nice man! i saw your car also few weeks ago 1464 /99 on ramp. I was driving my wifes MDX though.
Sponsored