No Windshield Washer Fluid Low Level Warning

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
I know this is a country specific thing, but even my old 2013 Focus would tell me when the washer fluid was low. The other day I was driving in crummy slushy conditions and went to clear the windshield only to see it sputter and die due to running out of fluid. Stopped at a gas station to refill it.

For all the niceties that Honda offers on their cars (reliability, etc.) small things like that which become bigger annoyances make me wonder why they cheap out so bad. I guess because they can and get away with it.

/ End rant.
Sponsored

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
Keep some in the trunk. Problem solved.

edit: I take that back, a level indicator would be a nice feature.

Last edited:

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
If you want it you'll need to move to Canada. They also get a larger washer fluid reservoir than we do down here in the states. The downside is you live in Canada, and you need a larger reservoir and a warning light about washer fluid because of the brutal winters. :)

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's pathetic that Honda can't include this feature in every CivicX.

I guess I'm not surprised, I've posted many times ranting how Honda did a half ass job. I belive in the whole, do it right or don't do it all.

As much as I love her, if I had $15k CAN extra I would be driving a Nissan 370Z.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
It’s nice to have a warning light but over here in MA. Almost every store sell it haha.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Baby steps, I guess. I remember a time when cars here in Canada would come with heated exterior mirrors and heated seats standard, but they wouldn't even be offered at all as options in the same models sold in the US. I felt sorry for all the people in the northeastern states, like MA and NY, who often times get much worse winters than we do here in southern Ontario.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Ironically I had a 1984 200SX that had a low windshield fluid indicator. I remember it would illuminate on the right side of the dash along the top.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Hmmmm? I wonder if that circuit exists in the US version, but is just not hooked up to a sensor.

I am really chomping at the bit waiting for a "repair manual" so that I can "fix" some things on this car.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hmmmm? I wonder if that circuit exists in the US version, but is just not hooked up to a sensor.

I am really chomping at the bit waiting for a "repair manual" so that I can "fix" some things on this car.
IF you find that manual somewhere online, give a shout, I keep looking ;)

OP
OP
darkness975

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Focus may don't have some accessories civic does ?
It had quite a bit of features for a base model car.

My EX-T has more which is why I was surprised that it does not have the washer fluid indicator. It seems like it would be a pretty basic feature.

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I can honestly say, in my almost 30 years of driving, I've never needed a low fluid indicator to tell me my washer fluid was low. I really can't remember the last time I had a car that even had that feature. It's really not that hard to check your fluid levels once in a while, especially if you live in an area where you weather conditions would make having fluid a necessity.
Sponsored