DoingOK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I hope so, Ive had eibach sportines on previous cars (1997 Integra, 2005 Civic Si) and the back always sat lower. It could have been fender illusion but it wasnt a good look.

I think the springs the OP is referring to is probably the prokit due to the conservative drop.

Yes, Pro kit......I'm personally just not a fan of the Sportlines.

I've had Eibach Pro's on 3 other vehicles and they have always sat perfect. If this car didn't have electronic dampering, my car would be at Fortune Auto right now being used to develop coilovers for this model.
Sponsored

Last edited:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
So you think the dampeners on this will pair nicely with the prokit since its a minimal drop or do you expect it to eventually cause issues. It's pretty minimal which is nice so I wouldn't expect anything bad I'd hope.

I've had Eibach Pro's on 3 other vehicles and they have always sat perfect. If this car didn't have electronic dampening, my car would be at Fortune Auto right now being used to develop coilovers for this model.

OP
OP

DoingOK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So you think the dampeners on this will pair nicely with the prokit since its a minimal drop or do you expect it to eventually cause issues. It's pretty minimal which is nice so I wouldn't expect anything bad I'd hope.
I'll have to trust that Eibach has tested the spring rate with the factory dampers.......hence why they have a different spring part number. They are adjusting for ride height differences as well.

Last edited:

squareback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si sedan, plus a bunch of Hondas and a GMC tow vehicle
Country flag
Dampers, folks, dampers. Not dampeners. Dampers control the motion of the spring. Dampeners would apparently add moisture.

Yes, the Eibach kit is the Pro Kit, not the Sportline. I don't see the spring rates, but their kit for the regular Civic has rates that are 10-15% higher. That's a good increase for performance without being harsh on the street. Eibach makes good stuff.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Did you by chance order a camber kit with it? I’ve mever bought camber kits for their pro kits because drop is minimal but I see they say it’s required to be in factory alignment. It’s always been really close enough to align even without though.

I'll have to trust that Eibach has tested the spring rate with the factory dampers.......hence why they have a different spring part number. They are adjusting for ride height differences as well.

OP
OP

DoingOK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you by chance order a camber kit with it? I’ve mever bought camber kits for their pro kits because drop is minimal but I see they say it’s required to be in factory alignment. It’s always been really close enough to align even without though.
I'm going to see how close it is......Pro kit drop is minimal and Si geometry may or may not be okay afterwards. I'll be the guinea pig :rolleyes:

OP
OP

DoingOK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I ordered the adjustable camber kit and have already received it. The springs will be available on Friday from Tire Rack.

Honda2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not sure about just springs over a coilover kit. I had a spring snap on my '07 Fit (front drivers side), thank god it occured as I was backing out of the garage. Also, I live in New England, I'm sure salt had a lot to do with it.

squareback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si sedan, plus a bunch of Hondas and a GMC tow vehicle
Country flag
I'm not sure about just springs over a coilover kit. I had a spring snap on my '07 Fit (front drivers side), thank god it occured as I was backing out of the garage. Also, I live in New England, I'm sure salt had a lot to do with it.
Lowering springs are fine from a safety standpoint. A car may have clearance issues with them, but they are perfectly safe. The incident you describe had to have been because of an incorrect install, a faulty spring, or a corrosion issue. Luckily, it didn't happen while at speed.

I'm curious how the adjustable shocks do with aftermarket springs.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have these springs on my 2004 Civic, and the back does sit a little bit lower than the front, but they lowered a perfect amount. It was about the same drop as they're advertising here, and the rear wheels have a subtle natural camber from the drop, so that's pretty great. They have never caused any clearance issues either. I couldn't tell you if they stiffen things up at all since I did struts and shocks at the same time. The dampers I used are a stiffer than OEM option, but compatible with stock springs and they run fine with the Pro Kits. So well that TireRack sold them as a set and I saved a butt load of money!

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I've had Eibach Pro's on 3 other vehicles and they have always sat perfect. If this car didn't have electronic dampering, my car would be at Fortune Auto right now being used to develop coilovers for this model.
Fortune Auto... youre from the RVA area too?! haha

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V
Reason why any after marker coil manufacturer lowers the rear slightly lower than the front, is the factory ride height always has the front lower than rear for federal pedestrian safety regulations.

Last edited:

Vlad

Vlad’s si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Hey guys Anybody have problems with 2017 si rear suspension When I drive over small bumps there’s a clunking noise
Sponsored