RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think two of my biggest peeves when it comes to fake stuff is the fake exhaust outlet as pointed out above, and fake hood/fender vents.
I totally agree that fake hood scoops and upper fender vents look cheesy and look fake. Now in terms of the "fake" front "vents" that flank the front sides of the car, i like those, not just to house the foglights but cars that don't have them look weirdly incomplete, like alot of electric cars that don't have front vents at all.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Great job with the renders, gives us something new to dream about until the reveal anyway right? Now, how about some Si sedan renders, what do we expect there? I'd also assume projector headlights on the Si as they will be trying keep the cost down i hope. Neutered 2.0 please.

My biggest fear is the pricing, I'm in at the current prices and I know there will be some price creep, as long as it is price creep and not price jump then I'll be okay. If it jumps too much there are so many other options. A huge part of the attractino for me is the affordable bang for the buck in the Si so I hope that remains true in this new model.
In all honesty, just wait a couple months to go by and then go on TrueCar and wait til you see a good value and take that to the dealership. The Si Coupe will probably start MSRP $22,500. Give it like 5 months after the release and i'm pretty sure you can secure a deal for $20,800.

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
I honestly can't wait unit the Si comes out, I'v been waiting for this car since June!! whats pissing me off is that they haven't spoke and said anything yet about it. I hope Honda doesn't change much from what we saw in the concept and release it before the new years.
Dying to hear anything about the Si models too. If you compare the major styling points on the concept vs the revealed sedan they pretty much stuck to the same design except they didn't connect the tail lights and the front bumper was toned down. It'll be toned back up tho on the Si. So styling wise I have no doubt it's gonna be a looker! Only thing Im anxious about are the performance specs and the pricing. :fingers crossed:

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images {filename}

Looking at these renders and seeing the Type R body now, I gotta say I think the Si will hit the sweet spot. It's got the nicer (than TypeR) fastback profile and I actually prefer it without that massive wing. The spoiler and aero body work in this render is just the right amount IMO.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree... the Type R looks to be a bit too overdone with aero bits and wings and such... i prefer the understated sporty feel of the Si...

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
I agree... the Type R looks to be a bit too overdone with aero bits and wings and such... i prefer the understated sporty feel of the Si...
It's hard to complain about the Type R as it is the godly halo car for the Civic but I would agree it is a bit over the top if you're looking to do any regular driving. I bet everyone and their moms will try to race you when you pull up at a traffic light.. of course I'm sure most ppl who buy it will be happy to oblige :)

One of my few complaints about it are the front fender vents which, while cool looking in their own right, give it a tacked on boy racerish feel to it. I mean the car is shaped like a bullet already do we need it to have a revolver around the wheels lol? From the latest Type R spy shots it looks like not only is it here to stay but it has extra rivets above the wheel gap that i hadn't noticed until now. You can clearly see it here:

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images {filename}

I know they are all functional on this car but it's a bit much for me. I guess that's why I'm looking at the Si most closely.

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
Was admiring these again. But the Si will likely have split dual exhaust tips (one on each side) showing since the CivicX has split dual mufflers. That's gonna look even more aggressive than the outgoing one with just one single tip.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my... I will definitely want to swap out my 2016 turbo coupe for that Si..Oi :)

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images civicx_civic_si_blue3-

Looking at these renders and seeing the Type R body now, I gotta say I think the Si will hit the sweet spot. It's got the nicer (than TypeR) fastback profile and I actually prefer it without that massive wing. The spoiler and aero body work in this render is just the right amount IMO.
I love this blue color... Gorgeous.. :)

Attachments

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images civicx_civic_si_blue3-

Love this blue color... Would be fab!!! :)

Attachments

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
It's hard to complain about the Type R as it is the godly halo car for the Civic but I would agree it is a bit over the top if you're looking to do any regular driving. I bet everyone and their moms will try to race you when you pull up at a traffic light.. of course I'm sure most ppl who buy it will be happy to oblige :)

One of my few complaints about it are the front fender vents which, while cool looking in their own right, give it a tacked on boy racerish feel to it. I mean the car is shaped like a bullet already do we need it to have a revolver around the wheels lol? From the latest Type R spy shots it looks like not only is it here to stay but it has extra rivets above the wheel gap that i hadn't noticed until now. You can clearly see it here:

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images 5d2_7487-

I know they are all functional on this car but it's a bit much for me. I guess that's why I'm looking at the Si most closely.
That massive wing is ridiculous, I will just wait for the new S2000 or a new Integra.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That massive wing is ridiculous, I will just wait for the new S2000 or a new Integra.
is Honda bringing back the S2000???? Cool if they are..That and the Prelude were the only Honda cars I liked prior to the 2016 Civic coupe and Accord coupe..Way cool :)
Sponsored