Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sounds is nice, the more you have been on the gas to allow build up the louder the blow off is. It will only do it when you are going good on the gas and let off it. If you are driving the CVT normal and just holding down the gas it never makes a sound. If you have ever had a CVT car with a good aftermarket exhaust and learned how to press and depress the gas pedal just fight to force the exhaust to give off a note change like it was shifting gears. Then you will know how to make this work well on the CVT. It is not a bad little mod, and adds a little fun to the sound of the car :) though just sitting in idle doing a rev and letting off does nothing :p

-R

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
The sounds is nice, the more you have been on the gas to allow build up the louder the blow off is. It will only do it when you are going good on the gas and let off it. If you are driving the CVT normal and just holding down the gas it never makes a sound. If you have ever had a CVT car with a good aftermarket exhaust and learned how to press and depress the gas pedal just fight to force the exhaust to give off a note change like it was shifting gears. Then you will know how to make this work well on the CVT. It is not a bad little mod, and adds a little fun to the sound of the car :) though just sitting in idle doing a rev and letting off does nothing :p

-R
I had a ford 500 cvt but I used that as a taxi cab--so cvt and fast driving didn't go hand in hand--I'm thinking of the bov--just don't want to mess with warranty and such..we'll see--thanks though

OP
OP
SangreRaven

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just hang on to your OEM one and if you have any issues just switch back to it and unplug the battery. If the issues still occur you can then bring it in under warranty without any issues. It really should not caused any issues with the engine itself just based on how it works and how the cvt model works. You do not have to go super fast but say if you speed up from 0-20 kinda quick and then pop off the gas pedal it should make it blow off pretty good :)

-R

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Just hang on to your OEM one and if you have any issues just switch back to it and unplug the battery. If the issues still occur you can then bring it in under warranty without any issues. It really should not caused any issues with the engine itself just based on how it works and how the cvt model works. You do not have to go super fast but say if you speed up from 0-20 kinda quick and then pop off the gas pedal it should make it blow off pretty good :)

-R
That makes sense, however because I have 2 left hands I would need to pay someone to remove--install--remove--install

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
You didn’t change up the stock piping to keep it on the quieter side?

OP
OP
SangreRaven

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The shop I used used the stock piping since it was of good quality. This allowed fitment to remain good and avoid rattle or clearance issues. The sound is good, they removed the resonator as well. Car has a good growl to it without being too loud or having horrid highway drone.

-R