Where to get the "Turbo" Decal seen in Canadian Models?

eschino1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Rallye Red
Country flag
Thanks @dick w ! Going by some measurements I read from @CdnColin and the photo from @Luis_Vuitton_ (originally from @NorthernEX-T), this is my closest trace as I could at the moment. Attached is a png for preview, and an attached pdf as a vector file.

I have a buddy who did some vinyl designs for me a while back I might contact about making these. If not, I'll try a local shop (Fast Signs) here and see what it cost for them to make these.

Wow, we're some crazy, hardcore US people here wanting the Canadian vinyl! Lol

View attachment 5527

View attachment 5530
That looks exactly like the Canadian decal I might be interested in a set of you can get someone to print them for you
Sponsored

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, will definitely let you know. My buddy just got back with me and he's gonna print me a matte black for my vehicle. He said he'd charge me $10 for a pair. I don't plan on making a profit on this by any means, but if anyone would want it, I'll charge $11 for it which that $1 would cover the stamp/envelope.

That looks exactly like the Canadian decal I might be interested in a set of you can get someone to print them for you

eschino1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Rallye Red
Country flag
Sounds good, will definitely let you know. My buddy just got back with me and he's gonna print me a matte black for my vehicle. He said he'd charge me $10 for a pair. I don't plan on making a profit on this by any means, but if anyone would want it, I'll charge $11 for it which that $1 would cover the stamp/envelope.
I would like to see what it looks like printed and installed.. Sounds like a good price for me

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Of course, I'd like to see it myself personally before I install it. I sent him the file and he said he'd get it to me in a day or two.

I would like to see what it looks like printed and installed.. Sounds like a good price for me

singjai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Just got off a chat with Toronto Honda Parts. Looks like the part for the white decal, stated by another member is 75773-TBC-C11ZA. If you're looking for the black decal, it's 75773-TBC-C11ZB. I'd make sure to verify the color of the decal before ordering though because it looks like the part number on my invoice is 75773-TBC-C11ZA after I requested black.

The parts are pretty pricey, but reasonable if you want OEM. Shipping to the US is what kills the deal. Each decal costs $16.20 CAD online and shipping is $23.95 CAD. The total ended up being $56.35 CAD, but the guy was nice enough to give me a 20% discount on the decals, making it $49.87 CAD (about $37 USD). I said I had to think about it and they went ahead and sent me the paypal request in case I go for it.

Looks like Timothy is doing an excellent job replicating the decals, so it might be worth using his templates if you can get a better price.

Last edited:

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect! That looks a lot easier to trace, thank you @CdnColin ! I think I'm ready to send it to my friend to print and see what he can do :)

Hi Tim, I'm attaching two pictures I took this morning. We had a nasty snow storm last night so my Touring is filthy Of the two examples you posted I would say the top picture is the closest. The letter 'U' seems to be a bit two squared in the middle. Hopefully these pictures will help in your tracing. If needed I can take better pictures in a couple of days when I wash the car and take more time setting up the shot better.

I've posted these pictures in my gallery for future reference. Theses shots have been significantly down sized to meet the forum requirements.

Turbo_A.jpg

Turbo_B.jpg

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info @singjai. Yikes, that does sound pricy!

Yeah, it looks like I'm able to trace it much better based on photos and feedback from @CdnColin and @NorthernEX-T. Thank you guys!

Like I mentioned before, my friend is going to be able to use his vinyl plotter and create these in either matte black, black or white for $10 a pair, which I think seems fair for his time and cost. If anyone is interested after I get my sample and put on my car, I can send it to anyone for $11 ($10 for the cost to get my friend to print it, and $1 to for envelopes/stamps to send to everyone). I also got these quotes with a local sign shop to see how much it would cost, and they were quoting me up to $25 for a pair. Obviously, these won't be oem but would be as close as we can possibly get.

Just got off a chat with Toronto Honda Parts. Looks like the part for the white decal, stated by another member is 75773-TBC-C11ZA. If you're looking for the black decal, it's 75773-TBC-C11ZB.

The parts are pretty pricey, but reasonable if you want OEM. Shipping to the US is what kills the deal. Each decal costs $16.20 CAD online and shipping is $23.95 CAD. The total ended up being $56.35 CAD, but the guy was nice enough to give me a 20% discount on the decals, making it $49.87 CAD (about $37 USD). I said I had to think about it and they went ahead and sent me the paypal request in case I go for it.

Looks like Timothy is doing an excellent job replicating the decals, so it might be worth using his templates if you can get a better price.

Last edited:

cjrcalica

Step Ahead.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Vehicle Showcase
@timothyjay definitely gon get some from you only thing is, does anyone know whats the original color of the decal that goes with the Dark Grey civic? But at the same time im thinking of making it in red since i plan on getting the Red Honda emblem once they're available for us.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Just got off a chat with Toronto Honda Parts. Looks like the part for the white decal, stated by another member is 75773-TBC-C11ZA. If you're looking for the black decal, it's 75773-TBC-C11ZB. I'd make sure to verify the color of the decal before ordering though because it looks like the part number on my invoice is 75773-TBC-C11ZA after I requested black.
When you get them, do you have a scanner? Then they can be counterfeited most precisely. Not that I'd suggest that or anything…

Last edited:

singjai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
When you get them, do you have a scanner? Then they can be counterfeited most precisely. Not that I'd suggest that or anything…
Very nice idea* ;)

Last edited:

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Haha. If only it's easily available for everyone, there would be no need for us to scramble around forums to see where people have gotten these :)

singjai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Looks like the OEM decal is more of a sticker with a clear background. Any chance that the clear part would get dirty from dirt or change color over time? Count me in for a set of those decals
Hi Tim, I'm attaching two pictures I took this morning. We had a nasty snow storm last night so my Touring is filthy Of the two examples you posted I would say the top picture is the closest. The letter 'U' seems to be a bit two squared in the middle. Hopefully these pictures will help in your tracing. If needed I can take better pictures in a couple of days when I wash the car and take more time setting up the shot better.

I've posted these pictures in my gallery for future reference. Theses shots have been significantly down sized to meet the forum requirements.

Turbo_A.jpg

Turbo_B.jpg
Looks like the OEM decal is more of a sticker with a clear background. Any chance that the clear part would get dirty from dirt or change color over time?

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering, did you ever post photos of your new kit for your Civic? I meant to ask a while ago in a post.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just in case we don't have enough to examples lol and my decals are grey btw. Total length of sticker is 6" & the turbo is 1/8" inside from each end.