Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
But many of the reasons I used to buy a manual no longer exist. I still like rowing my own, but there's now a big mpg penalty for that. Plus the few manuals they make are so hard to find that it's difficult to get dealers to compete with you on price. Resale value also takes a hit because so few can or want to drive manuals these days.

Finally, unless you're willing to hold it in 2nd to the redline, which I think is unpleasant, you're actually going to get to 60 faster with a CVT anyway.

I've been shifting my own since 1979 with a variety of cars and trucks, but I'm thinking of maybe giving it up when I trade in my 2008 Accord....
All very strong reasons to switch to auto/DCT. And the technical debate of whether a manual or an auto is faster is long decided (in favor of the auto). But for me it comes down to enjoyment and connection with my car. No matter how fast an auto shifts, how smooth it is, or how good of MPG it gets, it'll never give me the connection and control over my car like a manual does.

Summary: auto wins on paper, manual wins the heart :love:
Sponsored

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
I was thinking - so far all we know is that the 2.0L and 1.5T engines get +15 and +31 more HP than current models, but I think once all specs are revealed the torque increase might be even more impressive than HP, especially for the turbo engine which is should be way torquier than an NA engine.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I was thinking - so far all we know is that the 2.0L and 1.5T engines get +15 and +31 more HP than current models, but I think once all specs are revealed the torque increase might be even more impressive than HP, especially for the turbo engine which is should be way torquier than an NA engine.
That's what has me ok with only 170-180 hp, the low/mid torque should make it nice and peppy.
Sponsored