Si engine parts that were changed from the standard 1.5T

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
I was checking the online Honda parts catalog to see what Si engine parts have a different part number from the standard 1.5T.

Below are the parts that are changed for the Si 1.5T engine:
Intake Camshaft
Turbo Assembly
Fuel Injector Set
Pistons (Si has a lower compression ratio at 10.3 from 10.6 to handle more boost)
Connecting Rods
Powertrain Control Module

For the transmission:
The Differential, Mainshaft and Flywheel are different from the standard 1.5T 6M.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thank for taking the time to post this.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm, wonder how much stronger the rods are over the base models.. Thanks for taking the time to post stuff like this!

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was checking the online Honda parts catalog to see what Si engine parts have a different part number from the standard 1.5T.

Below are the parts that are changed for the Si 1.5T engine:
Intake Camshaft
Turbo Assembly
Fuel Injector Set
Pistons (Si has a lower compression ratio at 10.3 from 10.6 to handle more boost)
Connecting Rods
All that just for a little more HP?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All that just for a little more HP?
It’s a 25hp gain, that doesn’t compromise reliability or gas mileage. Honda also knows that an Si owner is more likely going to do performance upgrades over a regular Civic. Even though Honda has no obligation to prove its engine’s ability to be modified and boost power, their reputation is out there. Better to do some relatively cheap factory improvements over the regular Civic turbo motor than deal with negative media if someone blows up a motor and tries to blame them.

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Cylinder and Intake and Exhaust valves have the same part number so there is no change.

The intake camshaft is the only change to the valve train, I don't know the specs for the Si cam vs std 1.5T. More duration and lift perhaps.
The injectors are different probably higher flow over the std 1.5T. More boost needs more fuel
The connecting rods most likely beefier since that part number is different.
The PCM is different probably has more timing/boost/fuel flow/RPM limit/Torque limit.

For the transmission:
The Differential, Mainshaft and Flywheel are different from the standard 1.5T 6M.

Last edited:

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Cylinder and Intake and Exhaust valves have the same part number so there is no change.

The intake camshaft is the only change to the valve train, I don't know the specs for the Si cam vs std 1.5T. More duration and lift perhaps.
The injectors are different probably higher flow over the std 1.5T. More boost needs more fuel
The connecting rods most likely beefier since that part number is different.
The PCM is different probably has more timing/boost/fuel flow/RPM limit/Torque limit.

For the transmission:
Ahh well I might need more work to before i can out do the SI
But like the hatchbacks looks better than the sedans or coups

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Intake Camshaft
The high pressure fuel pump on the head is also different. Which is why the intake cam is different as it uses a different lobe for the pump.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
For the transmission:
I wonder what's different about the flywheel?

Honda initially stated in error that the Si had a single-mass flywheel, but it was later confirmed that the Si had a dual-mass flywheel that appeared and weighed identical to the EX-T's flywheel.

EX-T ("base") vs Si flywheel. Both are dual mass. On visual inspection they look identical. Down to the 31.4lb weight.
19260412_10211500916256173_8927549863412188495_n.jpg

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It's definitely different, and I'm told was one of the reasons the Si fell behind in development. The Si uses the DMF from the Accord Sport 6MT.

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's definitely different, and I'm told was one of the reasons the Si fell behind in development. The Si uses the DMF from the Accord Sport 6MT.
I think it shares the front brakes from the Accord Sport too the front rotor sizes are the same size.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Too bad it doesn't actually use the clutch from the Accord Sport. Maybe then some of the guys wouldn't have so much trouble.

VTCKickedInYo

First Name
E.j.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
The intake cam on the Si is hollowed out compared to the solid cam in the base 1.5T

The mounting bracket on the transmission for the torque rod is also different
Sponsored