First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it figures the one Sunday morning I tell my wife to take the car to church and breakfast so I can clean the inside of her SUV out is the day someone needs to pull a hit-n-run on the front of the damn car. Damage isn't terrible and most of it will polish off, however there is one deep gouge in the bumper cover that won't along with some scuff on the wheel.

She said she parked on the end parking spot next to a black truck. Pretty easy to see the guy simply cut it too early and basically ran over the front corner of the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Damn people 7KrJDUC9iLwaJa7Ly25b7gV-cOZmUPusC6jcmpEFlj65c2l9ul8K0oYa5_DbMvYUZfjMwFeo3dTwsF_BqY=w1266-h949-no

Honda Civic 10th gen Damn people C1yuiaj9hEChZEHnNR-0_qBgXfybeAKGKcXTU106mJDseCz5tM_VFfy-FmebZKt2m7lRTE5eo17RUpIqN8=w1266-h949-no

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang, any chance of identifying the other driver?

OP
OP
CEPA_Si

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang, any chance of identifying the other driver?
Nope they don't have cameras in the lot where it happened. So we are shit out of luck.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope they don't have cameras in the lot where it happened. So we are shit out of luck.
Dang. Maybe next week she will find the same truck parked in the same area? Either way, a sucky situation.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
This sucks. I got a door ding the first week I took delivery of my SI,

Ask your dealership. They usually have guys who come in to fix bumpers. For my MB (Toronto), a full bumper repair is $800-1000CAN. These guys charge $150 to spray paint the bumper. I used them a few times and they are excellent.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Yep, I feel for you... my less-than-two-weeks-old-at-the-time Si got keyed on the trunk from some asshole that didn't like the fact my GF took the parking space he apparently had his eye on. I mean it's not like she ran him over or cut him off or anything... she was there first and pulled into the space. Guy parked a few spaces away and keyed my car as he walked by.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
This sucks. I got a door ding the first week I took delivery of my SI,

Ask your dealership. They usually have guys who come in to fix bumpers. For my MB (Toronto), a full bumper repair is $800-1000CAN. These guys charge $150 to spray paint the bumper. I used them a few times and they are excellent.
Agreed. I'm unbelievably OCD and picky. I had a dealer gouge a plastic bumper once while the vehicle was in for service. They had their once-per-week guy that works out of a single-axle trailer come by and fix it. (Same guys that specialize in upholstery burns/tears, dings, scratches, scrapes, scuff marks, etc.) I was never able to tell a repair had been done and would swear they replaced the entire bumper. Amazing, actually.

These guys usually go from dealer to dealer where they have regular business and lots of jobs to do in a batch. They may spend one day at each of five local dealers fixing up all their used cars or new cars that they or customers mess up or that arrived damaged off the transport truck. They don't usually work for individuals. A good, nice dealer will let you drop your vehicle off for their recon people to fix.

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Damn that sucks, I'm sorry that had to happen. You should look into a dash cam that has a force sensor or motion detection because you never know when it could come in handy

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Try this for the black streaks... it’s possible that it may remove most of it but that huge gash by the marker :cry:

Honda Civic 10th gen Damn people 8EBCAE5C-790D-4CCA-90AE-F7AD2C1F8601

OP
OP
CEPA_Si

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try this for the black streaks... it’s possible that it may remove most of it but that huge gash by the marker :cry:

8EBCAE5C-790D-4CCA-90AE-F7AD2C1F8601.jpeg
The car is coated with CQuartz Finest Reserve, so a majority of the rubber transfer wiped off very easily with Stoner Tarminator. That being said the tire did cause damage under a few of the marks, so the bumper cover will need to be repaired and repainted at some point. I am gonna let it go till spring or summer probably and fix it then.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
The car is coated with CQuartz Finest Reserve, so a majority of the rubber transfer wiped off very easily with Stoner Tarminator. That being said the tire did cause damage under a few of the marks, so the bumper cover will need to be repaired and repainted at some point. I am gonna let it go till spring or summer probably and fix it then.
This sucks man. All my cars are full of nicks and baby dents. Some were caused by me, :cry:, and others by others. It hurts no matter who does it.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
This is why my Si sits in the garage most of the time and I drive my beater around.
Mine sits in the garage as well, I use my Si for fun driving and thats where the mileage will go up.

Daily commute I use my gold on tan gs300....blends right in and doesnt garner attention.

To the OP, sorry to see.
Sucks that happened to you.
My condolences.

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
Mine sits in the garage as well, I use my Si for fun driving and thats where the mileage will go up.

Daily commute I use my gold on tan gs300....blends right in and doesnt garner attention.

To the OP, sorry to see.
Sucks that happened to you.
My condolences.
Mine also spends a lot of time in the garage, especially now during winter. The 2004 grand Prix takes the bulk of the miles and the bad parking lots (like the college lots where nobody pays attention).
Doing this makes me enjoy driving the car much more than daily driving it would. Eventually it will be a daily but not yet.
Sponsored