CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Has anyone taken their CTR to service to replace the engine wire harness per the Tech Line Service Article? If so, how long did it take to replace it?

Thanks.
I think it only takes a few hours but they had mine for about a week.
Sponsored

Reactions: RAR

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 G37xS Coupe; 2013 Civic EX Sedan; 2017 Q50 Red Sport 400; 2017 CTR ABM
Country flag
I think it only takes a few hours but they had mine for about a week.
Thanks. Dealer doesn’t know how long it will take to replace it. Maybe 5-6 hours minimum.

How many miles did they test drive the CTR after replacing the engine wire harness?

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I've personally done wiring harnesses in the car in 2-3 hours at home, I don't see where it would be much more for this new motor at a dealership

B series I can do faster, while eating a sandwich ... but that's a much more simple motor/harness setup

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've personally done wiring harnesses in the car in 2-3 hours at home, I don't see where it would be much more for this new motor at a dealership

B series I can do faster, while eating a sandwich ... but that's a much more simple motor/harness setup
Thank you.

I have an appointment for tomorrow and wanted to have a better estimate of how long it would take to replace it. Sounds like I could wait for the work to be done vs. getting a loaner. It’s about a 45 minute ride one way.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Thank you.

I have an appointment for tomorrow and wanted to have a better estimate of how long it would take to replace it. Sounds like I could wait for the work to be done vs. getting a loaner. It’s about a 45 minute ride one way.
That will depend on their workload, as I said, once I start, I can do a K harness in car in 2-3 hours at home.

You may get there and they're backed up so they might not start working on yours right away, so you'll have to keep that in mind.

With colder weather here, more people are doing their maintenance now, so dealers get backed up quick.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Has anyone taken their CTR to service to replace the engine wire harness per the Tech Line Service Article? If so, how long did it take to replace it?

Thanks.
Did you get the code to have it changed, or are you assuming they'll change the old harness with the new? If it's the latter, I'm curious if they'll do it. Please keep us updated.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you get the code to have it changed, or are you assuming they'll change the old harness with the new? If it's the latter, I'm curious if they'll do it. Please keep us updated.
Will do.

No code yet. The dealer will diagnose the issue tomorrow morning. I’m assuming it’s the broken wire in the turbocharger bypass control solenoid valve 2-pin connector after getting the Emissions System Problem + Rev Match System Problem + Check Engine Light all at once when I started the CTR. I did hear a strange noise coming out of the engine compartment when I started the vehicle. I drove it for 6 miles and confirmed the Rev Match is not working.

Bgibson9091

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1997 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I just dropped my CTR off this morning around 10 to get the harness changed. I will let you guys know how long it takes to fix it.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just dropped my CTR off this morning around 10 to get the harness changed. I will let you guys know how long it takes to fix it.
Me too but waiting since 10:30 AM EST. Should take about 3 hours plus maybe 30-40 additional minutes to fix the steering wheel alignment issue. It’s a bit shifted to the left when driving on a flat straight road. Others have reported the same.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How did it go for you? After waiting for 2.5 hours they gave me a loaner because it was going to take a few more hours. The CTR went in yesterday at 10:30 AM and was done at about 5:15 PM including the alignment. The tech was very meticulous.

The tech noticed coolant (blue fluid) leaked on top of the overflow reservoir and small traces in other areas of the engine. So, a new overflow reservoir tank was ordered (I think that’s what the tech told me) and new hose clamps (these are on back order). It’s possible that the clamps don’t have enough tension to prevent small leaks from the pressurized plastic coolant system.

Bgibson9091

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1997 Ford Ranger
Country flag
How did it go for you? After waiting for 2.5 hours they gave me a loaner because it was going to take a few more hours. The CTR went in yesterday at 10:30 AM and was done at about 5:15 PM including the alignment. The tech was very meticulous.

The tech noticed coolant (blue fluid) leaked on top of the overflow reservoir and small traces in other areas of the engine. So, a new overflow reservoir tank was ordered (I think that’s what the tech told me) and new hose clamps (these are on back order). It’s possible that the clamps don’t have enough tension to prevent small leaks from the pressurized plastic coolant system.
So its been 24 hrs and I haven't heard anything from them, hopefully I can get my car back today.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag

So the car didn't have the rev match code when taken in, correct? Was there anything else that was a concern for them to have taken the car in? Sorry if it's been covered. My lazy ass don't want to read all the pages lol. I'm asking because I have the old harness and it's basically a waiting game for me. I'd like to have it replaced if possible before it happens.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So its been 24 hrs and I haven't heard anything from them, hopefully I can get my car back today.
Thanks.
So the car didn't have the rev match code when taken in, correct? Was there anything else that was a concern for them to have taken the car in? Sorry if it's been covered. My lazy ass don't want to read all the pages lol. I'm asking because I have the old harness and it's basically a waiting game for me. I'd like to have it replaced if possible before it happens.
The CTR did not have the Emissions System Problem, Rev Match System Problem nor the Check Engine Light on when I took it to the dealer yesterday. However, I was on the phone with the Service Director right after it happened (within minutes), described the issue and warnings (messages) in detail including the noise I heard when I started the vehicle. I confirmed that the Rev Match was not working when I drove the CTR (on the phone with Service Director a second time) and offered to take it to service immediately but they were booked that afternoon. I mentioned the Honda Tech Line Summary Article posted above and they found it.

I’m not sure if they confirmed the issue within the first couple of hours. They had the CTR for almost 7 hours.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Correction: the hose (which was leaking) that goes to the coolant reservoir was ordered (not the reservoir tank) plus the clamps which are on back order.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks.

The CTR did not have the Emissions System Problem, Rev Match System Problem nor the Check Engine Light on when I took it to the dealer yesterday. However, I was on the phone with the Service Director right after it happened (within minutes), described the issue and warnings (messages) in detail including the noise I heard when I started the vehicle. I confirmed that the Rev Match was not working when I drove the CTR (on the phone with Service Director a second time) and offered to take it to service immediately but they were booked that afternoon. I mentioned the Honda Tech Line Summary Article posted above and they found it.

I’m not sure if they confirmed the issue within the first couple of hours. They had the CTR for almost 7 hours.
Pictures of the new Rev A-02 connector...

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. D7F2A049-A24E-4B98-87CA-303F5C7B1503

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. D16E4B07-A591-4146-9BB3-9D19DA3F85AF

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. CD87076F-44C4-4928-9059-E1B7442E0CA8

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. A9F5A4A4-54DD-426F-8CD0-04F25F566362