Is Anyone Developing Exhausts for the Coupe/Sedan?

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Title says it all. I have a 2017 EX-T Coupe 6MT(Couldn't afford the Si monthly..damn student loans..and dealer wouldn't do a deal on sport hatch...totaled my previous car...needed a car :cry:.)

I keep seeing exhaust development for the Sport Hatchback, but I've only seen the Invidia N1 for the Coupe/Sedan. I'm not a fan of the Coffee Can/Single exit. I'm also not a real big fan of going to an exhaust shop and having them hack up the stock exhaust.

Is there development for these body styles, or should I just expect to keep the stock exhaust?
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Contact whatever exhaust company you wish and ask. That's how I was able to get my car in to one of them to use as the R&D car. Most have just started with the hatches and are now moving on to the Si's. When I was at THERMAL R&D the head designer wanted to find out if there was a rear valance that was being used for models without center exit, and that he wanted to find that and then develop the exhaust around it for the other models.

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Contact whatever exhaust company you wish and ask. That's how I was able to get my car in to one of them to use as the R&D car. Most have just started with the hatches and are now moving on to the Si's. When I was at THERMAL R&D the head designer wanted to find out if there was a rear valance that was being used for models without center exit, and that he wanted to find that and then develop the exhaust around it for the other models.
Thanks for the reply!

Did you need to be local to be a part of an R/D project? I no doubt think they'll create exhausts for the Si but I hope they don't leave the EX-T's out of the mix. :)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply!

Did you need to be local to be a part of an R/D project? I no doubt think they'll create exhausts for the Si but I hope they don't leave the EX-T's out of the mix. :)
Nah, Thermal is in California and I had to drive over 400 miles each way to get there but it was worth it in the end to be part of the development process as I have used their exhausts before. If you have a backup car or can afford to use a rental for a week then do it. I did. But that's me. I am still providing feedback and in contact with the lead designer as well.

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
THERMAL R&D
Nah, Thermal is in California and I had to drive over 400 miles each way to get there but it was worth it in the end to be part of the development process as I have used their exhausts before. If you have a backup car or can afford to use a rental for a week then do it. I did. But that's me. I am still providing feedback and in contact with the lead designer as well.
Damn your managers must be chill with you taking time off to let them work on your car! I can't afford to take any time off right now and there's no exhaust companies in Kansas or Missouri (as far as I know.) so I guess ill just have to wait #midwestproblems

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh I only took 2 days off a month apart to go back there. The first was to drop the car off, picked it back up the next Saturday. The second time was for fitting when it was done being built.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Title says it all. I have a 2017 EX-T Coupe 6MT(Couldn't afford the Si monthly..damn student loans..and dealer wouldn't do a deal on sport hatch...totaled my previous car...needed a car :cry:.)
I keep seeing exhaust development for the Sport Hatchback, but I've only seen the Invidia N1 for the Coupe/Sedan. I'm not a fan of the Coffee Can/Single exit. I'm also not a real big fan of going to an exhaust shop and having them hack up the stock exhaust.
Is there development for these body styles, or should I just expect to keep the stock exhaust?
While still a bit ways out we do have intentions to create an upgraded exhaust option for these chassis. Submit me a product idea and if enough interest is there we can work this into our development schedule as it makes sense.

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While still a bit ways out we do have intentions to create an upgraded exhaust option for these chassis. Submit me a product idea and if enough interest is there we can work this into our development schedule as it makes sense.
That's amazing to hear! Been following your thread for the FK7 exhaust. Sounds damn good :thumbsup:

Love the gurgles and pops.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I have been thinking about just creating my own exhaust. The Si exhaust is a straight shot front to back pretty much. Can't be that fucking hard with a welder. Was thinking of just getting some 3 inch and an aftermarket muffler out to type r style tips or something. This way here I can just keep my stock exhaust entirely if I ever have to put it back on for whatever reason.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been thinking about just creating my own exhaust. The Si exhaust is a straight shot front to back pretty much. Can't be that fucking hard with a welder. Was thinking of just getting some 3 inch and an aftermarket muffler out to type r style tips or something. This way here I can just keep my stock exhaust entirely if I ever have to put it back on for whatever reason.
Just don't go 2 tip. Someone already did that and it looked like crap because the exit for the Si exhaust is a large oval and the Sport style is 2 tips close together. It left a large gap on both sides.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Yeah I was thinking 3 tips, or just cut off my hdmi port tip and use it on the one i make. Trying to avoid hacking up the stock exhaust though.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You pretty much have to if you need to store it. It's one big piece up to the front pipe and it's way too long to even fit in a car for transport. They had to cut mine so I could haul it back to AZ from CA.
Sponsored