Awkward sitting position in the Si seat?

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
Anybody else feel awkward in the Si seat?

I thought it was comfortable at first but on a longer drive, I feel some qualms.

If I recline the seat to far back, I am sitting at a 45 degree (understandably so).

However when positioned in a more upright position, it just feels off.

I found a compromise point but I feel as if when viewed from a profile side point of view, my back is not making contact with the seatback and I feel lurched forward and neck hunched.
Sponsored

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

I thought it was comfortable at first but on a longer drive, I feel some qualms.

If I recline the seat to far back, I am sitting at a 45 degree (understandably so).

I found a compromise point but I feel as if when viewed from a profile side point of view, my back is not making contact with the seatback and I feel lurched forward and neck hunched.
TBH, I think it's more of a personal preference. I sit fairly low with a very upright seating position and personally feel satisfied with the overall drive. It definitely beats racing bucket seats that squeeze your shoulders a lot.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I personally love the seats. It was the first thing I noticed when I sat in it at the dealership. Hands down the best factory seats in any car I have ever bought.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
It took me awhile to get used to mine coming from a 15 SI. I have them all the way down. Love the "getting down into" feel .

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I took me awhile to get the feeling right. I just changed all the settings until I eventually found something that feels right.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

45 degrees! That's intense. How do you reach the steering wheel?

I have no issues with the seats. Amazingly comfortable for me.

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
I personally love the seats. It was the first thing I noticed when I sat in it at the dealership. Hands down the best factory seats in any car I have ever bought.
Likewise. Once I sat in an Si, there wasn't any reason to look at other Civic trims.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Likewise. Once I sat in an Si, there wasn't any reason to look at other Civic trims.
Yeah for sure. I didn't even bother looking at any other trims, I went to the dealer specifically for the Si.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I thought they were the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Still do. But because of my poor posture, it took a few minutes to learn to relax my body and just let it sink into the seats. I love these seats.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I feel like Apple used my ears when designing the AirPods - they fit perfectly and are completely comfortable. I feel the same way about the Si's seats.

A good friend hates the AirPods - they won't stay in his ears and are uncomfortable. It's impossible to make one earphone or seat fit everyone, so they have to design them to be "one-size-fits-most". I guess I'm very average. :)

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I spend 3 hours a day in them and I find the seats sufficient but that's about it. They could definitely stand a few more options for adjustment.

ClearKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I came from a car with an adjustable headrest. I think that's the part I miss the most. I could adjust the angle of the seat to support my back and then the headrest to wherever comfortable from that position.

First Name
A.Macadangdang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gray 4DR SI
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! Agree to that lol. Had it for 1.5 months and at 4,300 MI. Gotta adjust it to preference &&&&& plus the ass warmers help .