Replacing engine splash shield on undercarriage

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
This place has been a wealth of great information for me since i bought my LX sedan in June, so I figured this would be the best palce to ask:

Leaving a campsite this week, I was forced to go through some deep mud. The car did a great job of it once i disabled the traction control, but there was a lovely rock or chunk of wood hiding in there, and it hit the center of my plastic engine splash cover, and tore it a bit. No piece missing, but there was a piece about 6x8 inches, just large enough to dangle and scrape the road. I snuck underneath and lifted a corner back in so now it's not hanging anymore, but I'd like to get a replacement.

But I've been looking all over for a place to order them from, but and having no luck even finding a part # for the thing. It's the piece in the very middle, behind the front wheels. I know these panels are 100% necessary, but I'd prefer to get a whole new piece. For now, I'm get it on stands and use zipties to hold it in place.

Is there a place to find the part number? What does Honda call this part? I'm finding many terms for it. If needed, I can take photos when i jack it up this week.

Poor thing - it's been treating me so well, and go and bust a part :(

Any help or direction on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Check with dealer if no one on the site replies - thought these were aluminum panels.

OP
OP

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
Yup, i clearly came to the right place! Yes, the engine cover is not plastic, but the piece I'll need is - as it's the one directly behind. 74110-TBA-A00 certainly appears to be the right one. Nice to see it's cheap.

Thank all for the fast replies!

50 to purchase, 75 to ship, being such a large piece. Still cheaper than i expected.

Last edited:

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, i clearly came to the right place! Yes, the engine cover is not plastic, but the piece I'll need is - as it's the one directly behind. 74110-TBA-A00 certainly appears to be the right one. Nice to see it's cheap.

Thank all for the fast replies!

50 to purchase, 75 to ship, being such a large piece. Still cheaper than i expected.
it says 50$ and store pick up only... maybe its free shipping to honda dealers

OP
OP

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
Good plan, except my nearest Honda dealer is 460km from me. But I'll only be concerned when the snow hits (we only have summercand winter here) , and I'll likely head to that area before then.

cataclysmseng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
homda civic 1.5tcp
Good plan, except my nearest Honda dealer is 460km from me. But I'll only be concerned when the snow hits (we only have summercand winter here) , and I'll likely head to that area before then.
hi ...do u purchase the cover and change aldy? mind to share me some extra clip for bottom that come with it? i need 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing engine splash shield on undercarriage 20170811_132637

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing engine splash shield on undercarriage 20170811_132641

OP
OP

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
I did, yes. But i had the dealership do it, as it o ly cost $25 more than doing it myself. But i inquired about various clips, and the Ford and Gm dealerships in my town carry them. For cheap. I'd suggest you call up your local shops. Or Ebay. There's always Ebay.

penright

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
hi ...do u purchase the cover and change aldy? mind to share me some extra clip for bottom that come with it? i need 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing engine splash shield on undercarriage 20170811_132641-
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing engine splash shield on undercarriage 20170811_132637-
Any idea where to buy those clips?
Part#? Now to google it? I keep coming up with the push pins.
Also I need one of the screw in ones. Same questions.

cataclysmseng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
homda civic 1.5tcp
Any idea where to buy those clips?
Part#? Now to google it? I keep coming up with the push pins.
Also I need one of the screw in ones. Same questions.
order this from type r catalog. here is the number. u cannot get this from normal catalog as they sell the screw with under carriage

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing engine splash shield on undercarriage SmartSelectImage_2017-11-23-08-50-50

gersekt

First Name
Ger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Country flag
order this from type r catalog. here is the number. u cannot get this from normal catalog as they sell the screw with under carriage

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-23-08-50-50.png
@cataclysmseng you are the greatest! Same thing happened to me and I've been hunting these things down!!!! Now all I need is to be directed to anyone who's bought the Tein Endura Pro Plus adjustable shocks for their civic as I have some issues with mine. 2016 exl
Sponsored