For CVTs.. Rattling/vibrating sound on Dashboard or somewhere below it

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the low idle vibration is not normal is it? ive checked several other threads and it seems others have had this issue but nobody states if they got it resolved or not

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
the low idle vibration is not normal is it? ive checked several other threads and it seems others have had this issue but nobody states if they got it resolved or not
I hope it is not.. i observed that the loud vibration happens when my car is in stop (stepping on break) and in "D", RPM will drop in between 500-600...

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope it is not.. i observed that the loud vibration happens when my car is in stop (stepping on break) and in "D", RPM will drop in between 500-600...
did you get yours fixed?

mine also vibrates during low idle in D and stepping on brakes at 600ish rpm because i notice the passenger seat shaking and is far less noticeable at 800rpm when i either turn on the low beams or a/c but its still 'there'.

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
1st attemp was not successful. They have replaced my passenger side engine mount.

I am returning it to them this Thursday as it is more noticeable now .. and I have more details to reproduce..and the technician already acknowledge it last time

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1st attemp was not successful. They have replaced my passenger side engine mount.

I am returning it to them this Thursday as it is more noticeable now .. and I have more details to reproduce..and the technician already acknowledge it last time
let me know how it goes....mine is starting to get to the point where the vibrations are getting on my nerves

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Hey Guys..

just to give you an update. The issue with my car seems to be fixed (atleast today) when I drove it back from dealership to home.. 10 miles.

They found out that the heater hose bypass was disconnected and this causes the vibration. :beer:

Good thing I brought the car to a different dealership... otherwise... the previous dealership might have done more... which is unnecessary.

I will monitor and update you if I will experience it still...

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 2017
Country flag
Hey Guys..

just to give you an update. The issue with my car seems to be fixed (atleast today) when I drove it back from dealership to home.. 10 miles.

They found out that the heater hose bypass was disconnected and this causes the vibration. :beer:

Good thing I brought the car to a different dealership... otherwise... the previous dealership might have done more... which is unnecessary.

who helped you out?

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys..

anyone know where i can find the location of this 'heater hose bypass'? i would like to check on mine

Last edited:

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Last week or so starting getting rattling in the dash and seems to be getting worse. It’s nothing when idling/standing still only when moving. Was anyone ever able to figure it out? Planning on going to service

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Last week or so starting getting rattling in the dash and seems to be getting worse. It’s nothing when idling/standing still only when moving. Was anyone ever able to figure it out? Planning on going to service
Completely different from mine.. just ensure that you will be able to replicate this issue with the service dept and hope they will diagnose it correctly.. good luck!!!;)

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
Is it at about ~1800-2000rpm at the left side of the dash when it is cold out? Did you see the thread in the general discussion forum about the A pillar where it meets the dash? I had that rattle and shoving some foam in between the A pillar and the dash fixed it.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-2017-hatchback-dash-rattle-thread.9082/
Sponsored