Votes: 145 72.5%

• Total voters

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
FWIW any debadgingor cosmetic changes devalue the car from a dealerships perspective.
Sponsored

Last edited:

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I don't know, whenever I used to see a debadged 3 series BMW, I automatically assumed the owner was a poseur driving a 328i (instead of 335i) and ashamed of it.
Most of the time it's the 1 tailpipe 320i with body kit looked like a m3

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I say debadge if you want. Shouldn't matter to you if people know you're driving an Si or whatever. If you like the way it looks plain with no badges then go for it. You can always put it back if you want. I personally am keeping mine just cause I like the red accents on the black paint. The civic one I might take off or paint black and it's not cause I'm ashamed of driving a "civic" I just think it'll look better with less chrome

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
FWIW any debadgingor cosmetic changes devalue the car from a dealerships perspective.
I seriously doubt debadging devalues the car. It's a piece of plastic that can easily be put back on. Trust me they're not looking at badges when looking at trade ins

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I seriously doubt debadging devalues the car. It's a piece of plastic that can easily be put back on. Trust me they're not looking at badges when looking at trade ins
It's not so much the debadging or it being a piece of plastic but the thought of what else has been done that puts some buyers off.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
It's not so much the debadging or it being a piece of plastic but the thought of what else has been done that puts some buyers off.
If you're selling to a regular buyer then yes I agree a stock car is more appealing but to a dealership it won't make much of a difference

OP
OP

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't know, whenever I used to see a debadged 3 series BMW, I automatically assumed the owner was a poseur driving a 328i (instead of 335i) and ashamed of it.
Exactly why I didn't debadge my 335's.

Don't really care since I drive my cars until they almost die and by that time the difference is negligible.

Think I'll just black them out. Not sure what to with the Si on the rear.
Might do this on the front: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolt-On-4-x-1-2-SI-Black-Grill-Grille-Emblem-Decal-Logo-Badge-for-All-Civic/232457252129
and leave the front H logo as the only piece of chrome. Anyone have a picture of itblacked out on the black grille?

Thanks!
-Steve

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
all personal preference.

IMO - "ALL" cars look better without badges. My take is anyone who cares what your car is will already know what it is and doesn't need a badge to identify it. :)

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
First thing I did the day I bought my Si was remove the Civic and Si emblem on the trunk.

Left the front and back H emblems, along with the Si in the grill.

The back end looks less cluttered without the extra badging.

ChinStrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Bumping an old topic here vs. staring a new one. I've been playing around with this idea. A quick a dirty photoshop so I know how it will look, still a little undecided.

I would keep them, so they could always be put back on. I have also been playing around with black plasti-dipping the 'H'.

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadge an SI? hmmm

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bumping an old topic here vs. staring a new one. I've been playing around with this idea. A quick a dirty photoshop so I know how it will look, still a little undecided.

I would keep them, so they could always be put back on. I have also been playing around with black plasti-dipping the 'H'.

hmmm.jpg
All I am looking at is the quad exhaust pipes. Was that a custom job?

Personally, I wouldn't mind ditching the Civic but I am a little proud of my Si emblem. I am pondering the idea of plastic dipping them back for my MSM color Si. But it does look very clean without the Civic and Si emblem! You have me considering this now...

ChinStrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
All I am looking at is the quad exhaust pipes. Was that a custom job?

Personally, I wouldn't mind ditching the Civic but I am a little proud of my Si emblem. I am pondering the idea of plastic dipping them back for my MSM color Si. But it does look very clean without the Civic and Si emblem! You have me considering this now...
Sent you a PM

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
I've thought about this issue more and I think the thing is like the vast majority of cars have badges and tags on the back, so that is what my mind expects when it sees a car. When I see a luxury car driving around without a rear badge I automatically assume that they got the base model and want to pretend they have an AMG or M.

When I see an economy car / average car like the civic without a badge, I think I assume that the car was in an accident and they were too cheap to put the badges back on after the repair. Never I think have I seen a debadged car drive by and think it looks slick and clean because my brain expects something there anyway.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300

hmmm.jpg
Without looks simpler. Less cluttered and more discreet.
Stealth mode it.
Sponsored