If you live in NJ, don't get pulled over for this like I did!

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
Beware, if you live in NJ and have anything hanging from your rearview mirror, of a license plate frame that obscures ANY part of the New Jersey or Garden State lettering you will get stopped. You'll most likely just get a warning like i did as long as you are nice and respectful to the cop and remove whatever they want you to. I was stopped for my civic SI plate frame and for my dice i had on the mirror. Now i just put the dice up when i park the car because of how well they go with the interior and put them on the dash when i drive. Be careful out there!
Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Yep, cops do that to phish for real offenses and run your ID.

I run my cars 100% legal for that reason alone and will make a cop follow me for miles while I drive impeccably to waste their time. They eventually can't find anything to legally pull me over for and do a ricer flyby.

I have a dashcam and the local non-emergency line on speed dial to call in a complaint on the spot if they decide to pull a fast one on me. They hate being called out on their behaviour. Had a cop throw a fit about it and said " he was only going to give me a warning after the fact" lmao yea right

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the majority of states have laws on the books exactly like this. Air fresheners hanging from the rear view mirror are illegal, as is any license plate frame (including a dealer's) obscuring any minute portion of the state's letters.

These seemingly innocuous things are 100% illegal. Granted, you've run into a bored cop if that's how they choose who to ticket that day.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I respect the police, it would be nice if they spent their time going after real criminals.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in a state where its illegal to have anything mounted on the windshield ,including dashcams. So now I'm trying to figure out something for that. I got a mirror mounted one, but that isn't working out so well,lol

Last edited:

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
While I respect the police, it would be nice if they spent their time going after real criminals.
I am sure plenty of "real criminalls" (drunks and folks with warrants) are located during these stops. I just accept that if I dont play by the rules of the game then I play at my own risk instead of blaming the officiating. Then again self accountability is a dying trait.

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
I live in a state where its illegal to have anything mounted on the windshield ,including dashcams. So now I'm trying to figure out something for that. I hot a mirror mounted one, but that isn't working out so well,lol
If you dont mind what states are you? Thanks!

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
If you dont mind what states are you? Thanks!
Rickmeister's profile says he's in Delaware.

I have my radar detector on the windshield, but it is way down by the front near the air vents and thus not obstructing my view at all. I see some people use those rear view mirror kits but I am not about to risk that. The spot I have it at is fine and they can't say it's a hazard because it's not in the way.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
For anyone not in the know, it is ILLEGAL to pump your own gas in New Jersey. You must have a gas attendant do it,you cannot do it yourself.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
For anyone not in the know, it is ILLEGAL to pump your own gas in New Jersey. You must have a gas attendant do it,you cannot do it yourself.
Seriously?:hmm:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
So what do they do if a person from out of state tries to pump their gas in New Failsey like they would in EVERY other state in the country?
Sponsored