Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I just bought an Afe filter and was going to buy the PRL hose but the nearly $50 (with shipping) price has me hesitating. Do you guys ever offer discounts to CivicX forum members?
We feel that the pricing is very inline.

I tried the civicx discount code and it gave me nothing off at all.
That is because the hoses are already discounted 20% for new product pricing. We do not allow the stacking of discounts.
Sponsored

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I tried the civicx discount code and it gave me nothing off at all.
it's a 5% discount. If you're having an issue try calling them. Their they'll help you out the best they can

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and ordered the hose in black to go along with my aFe dry filter. Hoping to get a bit of an improvement in throttle response and sound.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I went ahead and ordered the hose in black to go along with my aFe dry filter. Hoping to get a bit of an improvement in throttle response and sound.
I did with the exact same set up.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, so I finally removed the stock hose and replaced it with the PRL. A little background first. I had already added the AFE Pro Dry S filter and noticed an improvement in both throttle response and MPG. I was looking forward to even more improvement adding the PRL hose.

Well, I was disappointed. I lost 1-2 MPG and although I felt slightly better low speed throttle response compared to the AFE alone, it felt like I lost some in the mid-range. I does look nice in the engine bay but I may go back to the stock hose.

One question though... does it take some time for the ECU to "re-learn" when switching to a hose like this? I've only driven about 40 miles on it.

A pic of the hose installed:

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Stock Replacement Air Filter and Silicone Intake Hose Untitled 1

Last edited:

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
OK, so I finally removed the stock hose and replace it with the PRL. A little background first. I had already added the AFE Pro Dry S filter and noticed an improvement in both throttle response and MPG. I was looking forward to even more improvement adding the PRL hose.

Well, I was disappointed. I lost 1-2 MPG and although I felt slightly better low speed throttle response compared to the AFE alone, it felt like I lost a bit of power in the midrange. I does look nice in the engine bay but I'm probably going back to the stock hose.

One question though... does it take some time for the ECU to "re-learn" when switching to a hose like this? I've only driven about 40 miles on it.

Untitled 1.jpg

That is very strange. There should be a virtually no change in gas mileage or loss in power anywhere. If anything, throttle response, power and gas mileage should be slightly increased from upgrading to our hose. However, you most-likely won't feel very noticeable to on the "butt-dyno" if you already have an upgraded air filter.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe my butt-dyno needs re-configuring. :) I tried to keep my MPH about the same as always on my test loop but it was unusually hot today, maybe that's why lower MPG? I'll give it a few more days and report back.

I will say the PRL hose fits perfectly and looks great.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
OK, so I finally removed the stock hose and replaced it with the PRL. A little background first. I had already added the AFE Pro Dry S filter and noticed an improvement in both throttle response and MPG. I was looking forward to even more improvement adding the PRL hose.

Well, I was disappointed. I lost 1-2 MPG and although I felt slightly better low speed throttle response compared to the AFE alone, it felt like I lost some in the mid-range. I does look nice in the engine bay but I may go back to the stock hose.

Untitled 1.jpg
I noticed an increase in both power and sound, exact same setup.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I think most of the gains come from the high flow filter and maybe I was expecting too much from just adding the hose to it? I need to just test it out a bit more I think.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A few observations with some more miles on the stage 1 PRL silicone hose/AFE filter combo:

1. I think the hose did add a small amount additional throttle response, especially off the line.
2. Highway mileage is actually a little better with the addition of the hose. That's good.
3. My in town MPG seems to have taken a small hit. Not sure why but I did two around town loops and both came in a 1-2 MPG less than with the AFE alone. Not sure why.
4. Overall, my MPG's are about the same (lost some in the city, gained some on the highway).
5. I really don't hear any additional sound beyond what I heard after adding the AFE filter alone.

My overall impression is that this is a good little upgrade. There is definitely improved throttle response and it really adds some bling to the engine bay. Nothing major, but a small improvement is still an improvement.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm consistently getting 2 more mpg with the PRL hose and afe filter combo over stock. Not sure about any power gains.